Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom with More than One

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:29 PM
  • 12 Replies
Do you 'baby' your youngest? Do you help them do things your other(s) could do by themselves at the same age? This family i'm working for this week babies their youngest, she's nearly 3. Drives me bonkers! She needs help with everything from brushing her teeth to getting the last bite of yogurt out of the cup. She whines A TON too. Everything she doesn't like or agree with is a screaming, kicking, dramatic tantrum. I'm going to be PISSED if my dd (19m) picks up her behavior
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofblueyes
by Ape on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:42 PM

I guess we baby our 3, almost 4 year old.  We help him brush his teeth, get dressed, put his shoes on, etc.  He has autism though, and is really not good with his hands.  :/  My youngest is only 7 months, so of course she gets babied!  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersbreastfeeding smiley  

Ferrari
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:45 PM

No. My youngest is also my only dd. She's only 16 months but will help me clean. She was putting away toys yesterday and throwing garbage away. :) She does so much on her own already.

mommyof2grls06
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Well my youngest is only 4.5 months so I do baby her. Lol. But when they are able to do things alone, they should. Helping is one thing but doing everything for the child isn't good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:58 PM
Not really. I mean, he is 9 months, so he is a baby, but I don't do anything especially different from my other two when they were that age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:09 PM
Autism is totally understandable. Whole other ball park when they really do need help. This little girl knows how to brush her teeth, get dressed, put shoes on, etc and refuses. If you ask her to do it cause she's a big girl she dissolves into a screaming mess. The parents just comply. My 19mo does more than she does...and willingly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Same but I have girls

Quoting abra:

Not really. I mean, he is 9 months, so he is a baby, but I don't do anything especially different from my other two when they were that age.

la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:39 PM

I try to treat all my kids the same of course my youngest is a baby so yeah he gets babied : )

seoulmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:07 PM

i dont think we baby her but she definitely has a different personality, she throws fits which is something our oldest rarely ever did! i am trying to nip it in the bud, but i also understand kids learn at different rates, she is starting to pick up a lot more words in the past few weeks so i am hoping that helps lol

KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:18 PM
I try to baby her but she is way too independent! She refuses help most of the time lol and she is almost 18m now. She is the youngest of 4!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
19babygirl90
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:18 PM
My youngest is only 3mon! So yeah, but hopefully I dont do that in the future! I dont think I could handle it! Lol! I read here on CM to try and not say "big girl/boy", but tryin dif words! Some kids just dont want to be big yet! I can understand that, cuz my oldest has an older half brother and then my youngest so he gets confused alot! If you tell him "like a big boy" he refuses! He doesnt want to be the "baby" though either! LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)