Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

saddest dentist appt ever

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:21 PM
  • 9 Replies
My son had a cavity he had to get filled, so I took him to tbe dentist and they sad they had to knock him out to do it. I was like okay, but they had to give him ketamine before they gave him gas. Well they did it in the waiting room while I was holding him so he would be distracted. Then they said, "ok we will be back in a minute when the bed is ready." Well my son was fine and happy and then all of a sudden, he stopped moving and his eyes got huge and dialated and his mouth dropped open and he became unresponsive. It looked like he was dead. I was so scared and so freaked out and I was crying. Then the dentist came back out and was like, "yea, a lot of moms cry." I was like well why the heck did you let him sit in my lap for this duh! I understand if its medically necessary, but I really wish I didn't have to watch that. I feel traumatized. )=
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
abra
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:25 PM
awww, that is scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickellmomof2
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:41 PM

i had to do that with my dd (she was 4 at the time)  it was a really weird feeling watching her go through that!  she was just talking away then all of a sudden she was just staring at nothing and motionless...very odd.  but the worst part was when she came out of it, she was confused and still kinda out, so she just sat there and cried until the meds wore off completely, then she threw up the rest of the day.  really sucked.  but the other option was to just restrain her and do what needed to be done while she was awake and freaked (wasn't really an option if you ask me!)  i think her going under was way better!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Aww : (

crispysmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:44 PM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grayson_mommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:45 PM
That's so sad I'm sorry :(
mommyhonu
by Mary on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:49 PM

(((((hugs)))))

our pediatric dentist ALWAYS has us leave the room before they sedate or do any kind of exam. He says he wants the parents to be able to comfort when they are done. The assistant will bring out baby after the appt is done and hands him over to me.

PhoenixsMommy10
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:51 PM

they should have warned you that he would look like that.

Mrs.Worthen71
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:05 PM

i totally agree! i just wish i would have been better prepared. when he came out of it, it was like he was drunk or something. he kept trying to sit up but it was not happening. ):

Quoting nickellmomof2:

i had to do that with my dd (she was 4 at the time)  it was a really weird feeling watching her go through that!  she was just talking away then all of a sudden she was just staring at nothing and motionless...very odd.  but the worst part was when she came out of it, she was confused and still kinda out, so she just sat there and cried until the meds wore off completely, then she threw up the rest of the day.  really sucked.  but the other option was to just restrain her and do what needed to be done while she was awake and freaked (wasn't really an option if you ask me!)  i think her going under was way better!

Mrs.Worthen71
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:06 PM

yeah, it would have been better if i had known, and when he came out, he like chuckled like it was something to laugh about. i knew he would be okay, it was just really scary. ):

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

they should have warned you that he would look like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)