Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teething tablets (PIOG)

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:14 PM
  • 21 Replies

Has anyone used Hylands teething tablets? Do they work? My 6 month old is teething. Orajel and tylenol are not working very well. Thank you?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Yep! They're great.

I don't give my kid orajel, and tylenol only rarely.

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:16 PM
We LOVE the tablets! When they were pulled from the market due to consumer error, it made teething time hell for us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Yeah, that recall was stupid. Fortnuately we had plenty and didn't take them back. 

Quoting ArmyWifeAshlie:

We LOVE the tablets! When they were pulled from the market due to consumer error, it made teething time hell for us!

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:18 PM
We had a tiny few left but I was so scared I would run out that I saved them for emergency teething situations haha

Quoting Bethbeth:

Yeah, that recall was stupid. Fortnuately we had plenty and didn't take them back. 

Quoting ArmyWifeAshlie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarahsmommy1008
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Are they back on the market?  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Those are the best!!!  I was stupid enough to take them back during the recall, only to find that nothing else worked the way they did - I should have saved them!

TTC2Long
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Quoting ArmyWifeAshlie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shellie830
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:31 PM
We use the Humphries brand and love them!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoniaL
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Us too! I was glad I still ahd a bunch! I love those.

Quoting Bethbeth:

Quoting ArmyWifeAshlie:

http://leangreenmommy.wordpress.com/

dark_xiii_angel
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Thanks ladies!! I never knew they were recalled!!!!  Is it safe to use them??

Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:40 PM

If you do some research on the recall, you will see that as long as you don't feed your kid a whole bottle of the pills at a time, it is perfectly safe. Like with any medication... you follow the directions! Duh!

So, we didn't take ours back when the recal came out, because I did my research and found that giving 2-3 tablets once in a while was fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)