• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need your advice!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:25 PM
  • 8 Replies
My son is alittle over 10 weeks and he can hold his head up now on his own and he loves sitting up, so I'm going to the baby store to get him and infant positioner.
Should I get him a bumbo?
(At his 2month check uup he was 13lb & 24in) so idk if he's to big?

Or

Should I just go straight to a jumperoo or infant playstation seat??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tamidawn
by Baroness on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Bumbos are great for up to about 6 months old when then can fully sit on their own.  His legs probably aren't strong enough to use a jumperoo yet, nor do I think he would know what to do yet if he could.

i.heart.myboys
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:59 PM
I agree!

Quoting tamidawn:

Bumbos are great for up to about 6 months old when then can fully sit on their own.  His legs probably aren't strong enough to use a jumperoo yet, nor do I think he would know what to do yet if he could.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:00 PM
My 9 month old who isn't able to sit on his own because of his medical issues it works wonders for him. Make sure though you are there 100% of the time. Some people were sueing the makes of bumbo because their was not a warning to stay with your kids all the time (REALLY?!) lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by Mary on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:00 PM

i would try a bumbo or something like that.

abra
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:21 PM

ditto! Bumbos are perfect for that inbetween stage.

Quoting i.heart.myboys:

I agree!

Quoting tamidawn:

Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:23 PM

We didn't use a bumbo. I didn't want one more thing to store in the closet for the next kid. We just started putting her in the high chair to practice sitting up and to play with toys, and also used a doorway jumper. We didn't start until 3 months though.

Misery_Stitches
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Personally I wouldnt get any - they are all bad for development one way or another

Jewels11
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:27 PM

I would say Bumbo is a great toy for sitting up. However I wouldn't start until about 3-4 months. Thats when we started DS in his exersaucer and Bumbo. He did pretty well and loved it. He still loves his Exersaucer and Jumperoo til this day and he's 10 months old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)