Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Outing for a 1 year old

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:16 PM
  • 8 Replies

my LO is 13 months, and we want to do a day trip/outing before school starts again.  I also have a 13 year old SD, so hopefully its something she can enjoy too...

Locally (luckily we're near a city!!)  we have an aquarium, a couple zoos, theatres, science museum, children's museum, beaches, parks, amusement parks, water parks.

what do you suggest? and why?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
abra
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:16 PM
zoo! my kids love animals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:18 PM

the aquariam would be awesome!! i wish we lived closer to one. we took Brandon to the zoo a few months ago and he was more interested in the plants in front of him rather than the animals haha

PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Quoting abra:

zoo! my kids love animals.

abra
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:29 PM
bump :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:43 AM
My daughter loves the zoo and the aquarium
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Zoo or Aquarium has always been a favorite with my kids

Ammie25
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:08 AM

I would gravitate more towards the interests of the 13 year old, and just make sure it's a place where your lil one can run around and explore (within reason.) One year olds aren't really going to "attend" as much as you'd like, or even on the things you expect them to attend to. In my opinion, I would choose the aquarium or park because those seem a lil more child safe. :) But I also don't know what your 13 year olds interests are. :)

I take my 15 month old out in the yard, and she's not interested in the toys or balls we have out there. She can't she even walk down the driveway without wanting to pick at every pile of dirt, eat pinecones, & stick her face in the puddles to suck up the water. Silly babies!

i.heart.myboys
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:24 AM
We love the zoo and aquariums would be fun as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)