Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a homeschool group nursery

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:10 PM
  • 4 Replies

My BFF is homeschooling her 2 younger kids - 9 and 6 years old.  I went to their back to school meeting with her and brought my 9 month old baby girl.  She is my first child, and I don't know any other moms with babies in my area.  So I hope to meet homeschooling moms with babies who can play with my DD.  So I found out when my BFF got their class schedule that they have a nursery and are needing workers also, and I'm welcome to bring my DD with my BFF's kids anytime.  I took child development in college as part of my education degree.  I am a certified English teacher.  I was teaching GED and ESL class until I resigned in May to stay at home with my baby girl.  I'm used to being at home for the summer, but now I'm starting to get stir crazy.  This is a great opportunity for me to get out of the house and be with other adults who have something in common with me and also for me to stay with my DD and socialize her with other babies around her age who live in this area. 

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mom71307
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:13 PM

That's a neat idea!  I homeschool too and we do some co-op kinds of things but I don't think I would leave my younger child with someone else while I was teaching my older... we all do it together. 

abra
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:24 PM
sweet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:27 PM

sounds like an awesome opportunity!

ishie4ever
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Yep the kids go to school while I play with my DD and the other babies in the nursery. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)