Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Excuse ma'am whats in that package?" OMG are you kidding me?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:07 PM
  • 18 Replies
I had to go to the SSI office for my son.

I have Celestyn in the Moby wrap and my bff has my older two outside playing.

I get called for my appt and the security gut stops me and demands to see what I'm carrying in my package...

I'm like its a friggon baby... And he asked me to pull her out to prove that's all that was in there...

I refused. I don't believe he can ask me to remove my child. I pulled the wrap back to show him its a real baby. I also showed him how you can clearly see its a baby...

I wad furious. But now I'm thinking was I wrong refusing to take her out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aamy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:08 PM
Yeah you where. Ppl can hide what ever and claim its a baby.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:09 PM

No, you were not wrong.......I would have been like, really?  Look, its my baby. 

DeirdraG.
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:10 PM
I pulled it back as far as I could without removing her. I guess I was just taken by surprise. I honestly felt violated. :( I do feel bad now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:10 PM

It's annoying yes, but they do that sort of thing for everyone else's protection. (((hugs)))

DeirdraG.
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:12 PM
I get it now. I mean she's only 3 weeks old. So hormones and momma bear...

Quoting lauratupper:

It's annoying yes, but they do that sort of thing for everyone else's protection. (((hugs)))

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Avetay
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:13 PM
I can see it's a pain but the guard was just doing his job. There are nut jobs out there that will do all sorts of crazy things. I think proving that it was a baby in your wrap should have been enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
housefullofkidz
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Silly guard!

Silver_Nova2082
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:24 PM

hugsi know what its like i had DS in a sling wrap and when i got to the air port the security wanted me to take him out i was like fine   i did but he was stuck inside it and after i did get him out took 5 mins he puked on the floor and i was ha now see what you did to my boy

lauratupper
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:54 PM

(((hugs)))...yeah sometimes it is strange to get asked those sort of things, even when it's obvious what you have.

When i was in highschool, i brought home my grandma's cat, 5 states away, and we flew, and they asked me to take her out of the carrier, and it was so hard to get her into the carrier that i said no. of course i ended up taking her out anyway....the guard laughed at me though.

Quoting DeirdraG.:

I get it now. I mean she's only 3 weeks old. So hormones and momma bear...

Quoting lauratupper:

whimsyjuggalett
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Quoting Aamy:

Yeah you where. Ppl can hide what ever and claim its a baby.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)