Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 week old and thinking about another one.

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:53 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ok so i have a 2 year old and a 6 week old baby, and i am thinking about having another one already. which is wierd cause i told myslef i didnt want anymore. and my husband and i agreed on it, however i havent had my postpardum check up yet and i am not on bc, but we have had sex 2 times. he pulls out but i dont know how effective that is... i had a dream last night that i was prego, and now cant stop thinking of another one.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Berkley
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:10 PM

My son is 6 weeks old too (well, he will be 6 weeks on Sunday..) and I want more kids but if I had another one right now I would die lol.

momma_sam
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:14 PM

lol. try waiting a few more months and think about it again. babies are a handful. they are pretty much easy til they get good at rolling and crawling. then they are everywhere. my ds is 14 months and we have just decided to start trying again. but whatever you all decide ultimatally its YOUR decision and good luck on whatever u guys decide  :)

Hoevegirl1986
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:16 PM

my son will be 7weeks on monday and DH and i have already been talking about when we want to start trying for the next one :-)

ashleyallphin
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:16 PM

that what a thought to. but i dont know. sometime i wonder if my husband wants more, cause he is constantly tryin to have sex. but we will only be able to do it so many times before i get prego, at least the way we have been. so i dont know. i gues what ever happens. although i will continue to try to stop him!!! I hated being prego!!

AKluth
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:34 PM

I did the same thing!! Dd is now 11 months and i STILL cant stop thinking about it. But DH wants to wait longer, Im not on BC and were not always careful.. so were pretty much leaving it in the hands of God .. if he wants to give us another one soon than so be it!! hehe

yabbadabba07
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:37 PM

It's really up to you. Just remember it takes time for your body to heal after having a baby. I think its suggested to wait a minimum of 6 months.

cheerio1
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:42 PM

I hear having babies that close together is really hard on your body...  This is just what I've heard though.  S/O and I were talking about more too cause we are both getting close to the age that we dont want to have kds after so we would kinda be on a time crunch if we wanted to have more.  I'm getting close to 30 and he's nearing 40.  What research I have done, which hasn't been much, suggests waiting a year between so that your body can get back on track b/c being pregnant depletes you of a lot of things. 

That would be craziness if you were though?!?!  :)  Hope it all works out whatever you guys end up deciding (or if you are!!!)

yabbadabba07
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Oh and if you are already pregnant then yay! lol you don't have much choice if it has already happened. My son and my youngest daughter are 11 months apart so I know what that is like. My dd1 is 3, ds is 16 months, and dd2 is 5 months. Its very hectic but will be great in a few years.

masastan
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:53 PM

I'm expecting number six in November. I got pregnant TWICE off of birth control pills and my ex had a vasectomy after we ended up pregnant with the fourth child. I now am with another man...and therefore got pregnant 6 years after my fourth child was born! ALL of my kids will be a minimum of 15 months apart in age by sets of two (14/13 - 9/8 - and 16mth and a newborn!). But after the birth of my third child...I had an strange feeling...that I just wasn't done. When my son was born 15 months later, I felt a sense of "completeness" when it came to our family...despite the vasectomy, LOL! I had no idea I would be adding to my family years later. My 13 yr old dd was SO excited to have a sister finally! My SO didn't have kids before Bella and given his age, he thought he was sterile. Now, he wants a house full in addition to my other four! It isn't going to happen...we are set to have my tubes tied after this one arrives. At 35, while I have easy pregnancies and deliveries...I'm just tired of being pregnant!

However, if I were in your shoes...I don't think two would be enough for me!!!

summer11baby
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:57 PM

my daughter is 9 days old and i already miss being pregnant! i feel like i have post pardom depression because i just cry everytime i think of being pregnant...i miss feeling a baby inside of me so much! maybe i still have the "baby blues"...im not sure but hopefully this feeling will go away soon!! i enjoy having my daughter, i really do! shes my world and i love her sooo so much but i never thought i would miss being pregnant this much! ive already been thinking about when i want to start trying for number 2!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)