Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did your older child(ren) handle the new baby?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:36 PM
  • 14 Replies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygomez
by April on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:58 PM

We'll find out later this year! She is looking forward to his arrival, though :)

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:16 PM
He does pretty well unless he's tired or doesn't feel well. Then he gets really frustrated when I'm busy feeding the baby or something and can't cater to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Benswifey10710
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:26 PM
Pretty good, he was a lot of help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllForEvie
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Not great, but she had just turned 1 when her little sister was born, so she was too young to understand what was going on and experienced some jealousy and setbacks. DD2 is 3 weeks old now and big sister is getting better with it day by day.

ProudMommy51006
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:30 PM
Great! She was a big helper and loves him. She was almost 4 when he was born
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandyjh
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Very well! :) he absolutely LOVES his sister :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacy2607
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:08 AM
I have 7 other children besides Logan, the baby(he will be 7 months on Monday) 6 of them loved him and wanted to hold him and fought over who was gonna feed him..not Hunter, my 6 yr old, 5at the time, he wanted nothing to do with him..when you asked him does he like Logan he said no..if you asked him if he loved Logan he would say i don't know.. Well, when Logan was around 4 months old or so, I would catch Hunter kissing him at times..or playing with him when I was out of he room..then I asked him, do you like Logan now?? He said yes..I asked why he didn't like him before, he said it was cause he was boring and just layed there and now he smiles and laughs and does stuff..lol..now he plays With him all the time and Logan really loves him..he gets excited when Hunter comes in the room....hopefully Hunter won't be that same way when this new baby is born..we will see!!
skittles2011
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 1:09 PM

when aidan was first born, jordan wasnt so sure about having a little brother. now hes a great big brother and very loving to his baby brother.

tevya13
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 1:11 PM

Both my girls did really great, my middle girl had a harder time because she wasn't the baby anymore!!

personal.legend
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 1:12 PM

not very well. dd is 10 weeks old and her brother is 2.5 years old. the first week or two he was fine, but then he realized she was staying and now he's extremely jealous, screams when she cries BUT he does love her. that's his little sister lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)