Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? for mommas who do/have sleep/slept with baby in the same room as you.

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:49 PM
  • 33 Replies
ive been living with my parents since right before i got pregnant. we live in a little 3 bedroom house but what was my bedroom was converted into an office for my dads business. which in turn left my brothers old room for me, my fiance and ds. well SO moved back home a while back to get a job since we had a house back in KY. he just landed me a job at the same place hes working, in a completely different area of the building from him, so ill be moving up there in a week. well the house is a good sized 3 bedroom 2 bath. we have a big master bedroom, way bigger than my current room. anyway, ds has been in the same room as me since he came home from the hospital. hes 9 months old now and kind of sleeping thru the night. so my question is when did you move baby into their own room?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:52 PM
We moved her into her own room as soon as she got too big for the bassinet and we had to move her to the crib. I think it was around 3 or 4 months... so we put her in her crib to sleep at night but when she wakes up to eat, she spends the rest of the night in bed with us. Its a nice comprimise. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlenikkidf
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:08 PM
thank you. we've had ds in a crib since he came home. i wanted a bassinet but we dont have enough room in the house for things to be used a short time like that...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Good luck!! We also have a video baby monitor so we can see her at all times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlenikkidf
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:13 PM
thank you. i just have a regular one way baby monitor...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Embers_mommy200
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:15 PM
No I wouldn't. That's your baby put the crib in your room till he's a yr!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:15 PM
Yeah SO wanted the video one (even though we live in a tiny apartment) because I was working graves and he was the one at home with her when she was 3 months old. It was expensive but worth it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
19babygirl90
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:18 PM
DS1 was 6mon! DS2 is 3mon and still in our room but will be in his own bout 6 to 9mon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlenikkidf
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:19 PM
ive been thinking a year. mainly because after work SO will drop me back off at home then he has to go to school almost an hour away from 6 to 10.

Quoting Embers_mommy200:

No I wouldn't. That's your baby put the crib in your room till he's a yr!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shellie830
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:20 PM
We did at 10 months with ds when we moved to CA..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Each of our kids were a little different, but it might be easiest to switch him during the move, since it's going to be an upheaval, anyway. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)