Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know what I think about autism?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:46 AM
  • 12 Replies

I havent dont extensive research on the subject of autism or anything, but dont you think cell phone use could have something to do with it? I mean, there are all these worries about the radiation they emmit and if a pregnant woman uses her cell phone frequently during pregnancy couldnt it possibly effect the fetus? It makes sence to me. I used to put my phone in my bra for the longest but stopped that after hearing about different radiation levels in phones.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:50 AM
No I don't agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:54 AM
I think there would be a lot more autistic kids if that were the case. I don't think anything is "wrong" with autistic kids. I think God just made them different, you know what I mean? They see things that those of us who aren't can't. I know it must be really difficult for their families to adjust to, but I think they are just really special people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:55 AM
finally someone who agrees w me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:57 AM
No. I believe its genetic with outside elements having effects on the original genes. My ds is autistic and I never used my cell phone because I couldn't afford it then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:58 AM
No I don't believe that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C8Baxter
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Let's add microwaves to the list of causes, then!

joci2203
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:59 AM

No, I don't agree.

Jenn8604
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:00 AM
oh and a local dr found women coming into his office with breast cancer in the shape of their cell phone it was a concentrated lump that stuck out and was cancerous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:01 AM
For you, and Op what do you then say that to mothers of children with ASD that did not use cell phones during pregnancy? Kids who were born with ASD before cell phones were very popular, and were not exposed to any high levels of direct radiation? Or are you only saying you think it may be a contributing trigger in some cases? I am asking out of curiosity.

Quoting Jenn8604:

finally someone who agrees w me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asilenna
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Oh by no means do I think ANYTHING is wrong with autistic children. lol. You do make a point that there would be a lot more cases.

Quoting abra:

I think there would be a lot more autistic kids if that were the case. I don't think anything is "wrong" with autistic kids. I think God just made them different, you know what I mean? They see things that those of us who aren't can't. I know it must be really difficult for their families to adjust to, but I think they are just really special people.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)