Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Relactation?? who knows more

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:04 AM
  • 7 Replies

hi all

So my son has eczema all over his body. I stopped breastfeeding two months ago and that's when it first started with rash on his thigh. I was told to relactate... Does anyone know more about it and what's your opinion on trying breastfeeding again?

( his lacthed twice since yesterday i seen 1 ounce after pumping )

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.Love never fails

✝ 
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Moo-me
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:17 AM

BUMP!

lauratupper
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Eat lots of oatmeal and leafy greens and drink lots of water, and keep pumping and getting him to latch on  and nurse, and your milk should come in pretty quick again if it's only been a couple months.

Moo-me
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:05 PM

what about trying fenugreek or other herbal supplements? Some one said one can of beer a night helps along with lots of water in the day up to 8 glasses

C8Baxter
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:09 PM
Pump every 2 hours for 30 minutes. Fenugreek, blessed thistle and Goat's rue, three pills, three times a day. Lots of skin to skin. Look into an sns or lact-aid. Good luck. Expect that it can take just as long to relactate as the amount of time you've stopped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Fenugreek helps alot as well, if you think you need that too then take it. I did with my son to keep my supply up, and it does work. It makes you smell like maple sryup just so you know though. Also mother's milk tea works really well too. Some people don't like the taste, but I actually liked it. I never tried the beer, but I have heard it works, I think it is something in the hops that helps.

Moo-me
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Awesome ladies... thank you. Since yesterday i started with pump and skin to skin. I got milk! Yeah!!! never thought i'd be this excited about it LOL ... all in name of helping lil man with eczema. Have good week and weekend , blessings. Ta again :-)happy

MagickalMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:47 PM

I relactated with my ds2  I took fenugreek 3 to 4 pills 3 times a day. I wore him in a sling against my bare chest and pumped every 2 - 3 hours in the beginning. Kellymom.com has a section on it.

Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)