• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much formula?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

should a three month old be drinking?

she is our foster child, and when we got her she drank 2-3 oz. every two hours and since she has acid reflux would always throw it back up..she was only 12lbs, so small for her size. (drug baby)

since we've had her for a month now, she's gained two pounds, and is eating 5-6oz every two hours! (she doesnt spit it all up completely anymore, just sometimes) is this to much? i feel like we are going to make her fat LOL.

how much has your pedi recommended at this age?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamabens
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:40 PM

I think they are supposed to have 28-32 oz a day.

abra
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:17 PM

here is a link on how to calculate how much they need:

http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-tell-how-much-formula-your-baby-needs_9136.bc

jenniferw10
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:20 PM
I think the baby should get 28-30oz a day which you divide by the # of feedings per day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andi8kay7
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:51 PM
Definitely don't think anything about her being fat. Babies are suppose to be chubby. If she is drinking it then she needs and wants it. If she were drinking that much then spitting it up I would say cut back an ounce or two. at 3 months my daughter was drinking 6-7oz every 3-4 hours, and my son at 3mon was drinking 5-6 ever 2-3hours.
lillucky8
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:14 PM
We always made an 8oz bottle at that age and let her drink. She wouldnt go over five oz ever, even now at ten mos, but i think shes still in the drink what she needs to stage, my pedi never gave me a limit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)