Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you & your significant other ever argue/disagree when it comes to your little ones?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:04 PM
  • 35 Replies

arguing

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tamidawn
by Baroness on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:09 PM
Not really thank goodness!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshyne86
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:10 PM
Sometimes. He don't understand girls much and our 8 yr old is getting to that age
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yngmom_2010
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:14 PM

yes.. my fiance doesnt understand that our dd should be in her own room instead of her bed being next to ours. and he insists on watching tv very loudly in our room while im trying to get her to go to bed in her own bed.. lets just say its an ongoing argument

MomToAyla743
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Yes! Ayla is the only thing we ever argue about.

Mom71307
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Not often actually! We have very alike ideals about parenting and expectations for our children, etc. We have very like minded feelings about parenting and it works well!  I wouldn't be able to handle it if we disagreed!

musicmom246
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:55 PM
We got over it! Lol. The main disagreement we had was in regard to homeschooling -I wanted to, he didn't- but he got over it! Lol. I tried to communicate w/o pushing him, and the more he heard about it, the more he was in favor of it. Turns out he just wasn't familiar with all it entails. I was homeschooled, he went to Christian school k-12
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cass052005
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:02 PM
Not much. The kids are about the only thing we see eye to eye about. Which is why we are separated I guess!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarShy740
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:03 PM
Yes he has differetn ideas on discpline then I do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seaturtle1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Yes we actualy had a disagreement the other day.  Jay is almost 2 and he is starting to throw tantrums.  My husband says to spank him he is misbehaving.  I think spanking once in a while is ok, but not for this.  See in this situation it just makes him more angry.  We also try and hold him and tell him to calm down.  He does not like being pinned down.  I say if he is not throwing stuff or slaming doors let him cry it out.  He is funny he goes into his room and pases back and forth in his room and screams.  When he is done he comes and starts playing again.  Then sometimes he says good boy for not crying anymore.  Each kid is so different in how you can parent them.  My hubby knows I have worked with kids for years so I probably know what is best.  So we talk about why I do it this way or that so he understands Jayvin better and that seems to work for us.

Misery_Stitches
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:35 PM

No

I lead the way for parenting because I already have a child from before our son was born, also work with children so have had to learn a lot about child development, behaviour etc

If there is something he is unsure about he will research it... and always comes to the same conclusion... so it works out well LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)