Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

18 years from nowish....

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:22 PM
  • 8 Replies

Today Ben and I were calculating how old we would be when our oldest and youngest would graduate from high-school. I'll barely be 40 when Ophelia graduates, and I'll be in my mid forties when our fourth graduates. We are hoping to adopt, so odds are, all our kids, even adopted ones will be done with high school by the time I hit around 50.

Ben says the plan is to buy and RV, and hire a driver for it, so we can hang out, travel the US and drink martinis from noon until night...just the two of us! :)

Have you thought about what life will be like when all your kids are grown up?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jenniferw10
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:25 PM
I will be 50 when this first baby is 18 so I will hopefully be 52 aftery second. Definitely want to travel!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Yes and I was just starting to live it when I had a surprise pregnancy and am doing it all over except this time its only 1 child and so far I am not a single mother.  Life is what actually happens while your busy making plans!!

erinsmom1964
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:58 PM

BTW I was 38 when eldest turned 18.......42 when next did.....43 when youngest son did and then 4 months after that I was pregnant with number 4  LOL

MarShy740
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:59 PM
I'm not sure probably still being over protective mommy but I do wanna travel but before I'm 30 hopefully!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nita_friend
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I'll be 39 when my oldest graduates and 43 when my second one does. We may have one more in a year or so, but as of right now I'll be 43 when my baby is done with school.

We haven't really talked about what we are going to do when the kids grow up. lol

jessicaaris
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:26 PM
I will be 39 when my oldest graduates high school. I have no idea what we will do when they are grown up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tamidawn
by Baroness on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Lol, I will be 38 when my first graduates, and 41 when my 2nd graduates!  Wowza!

mommyuphold
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:51 AM

Yes- we have thought about it!!! And an RV is our dream-we want to travel and experience life without our kids! We will be 37 when our oldest graduates and 41 when our youngest graduates!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)