Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep deprived!--worse than the usual nightly feedings!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:03 PM
  • 5 Replies
ds is 3 monhs old. Every night he's been in his crib and asleep at 7 (if he's not asleep he getting close to it). Last night he went to bed around 7, like always and woke up at 11 to eat (which is kind of odd since he normally eats his last bottle right before bed and is down for the count until 2-4..) but I've chalked it up to him probably hitting a growth spurt since it's been the last few nights that it's happened. Then he woke up at 2:50 and was up and beyond restless and fussy. We maybe got 4 more hours of broken sleep,..and I was up and going at 8 trying to get dd (3) to calm down bc dh didn't kiss her goodbye before he left for work. Anyway, after he woke up he wasn't hungry didn't want his pacifier much..I did get him ro sleep a little bit by rocking him, but the minute I laid him back down he was awake and fussy. He was wrapped in his blanket (or I had his blanket on his back when I was rocking him-he doesn't like to be put on the cool sheet). I put him in bed with me and dh and he stayed there but was very fidgety and restless. Nothing would really work. About the time he dis get good and asleep, dh's alarm went off for work, and the whole process started over. He's not really napping during the day and when he does, they're very short naps (like 30 min and he's awake..but it's not very many of those). I think he's teething but it doesn't seem to bother him during the day. Could it be bothering him that bad at night? I'm just kind of lost, our 3 year old wasn't like this at all. I don't want to call the doc just yet, in case it was a one time thing..but I don't know what would cause him to be like that. Overly tired? Any suggestions or advice? It'd be greatly appreciated!
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MedicturnedMama
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM

What about an ear infection? That could be why he is having trouble laying down. Have you tried a swing for a nap? That might help him sleep too. My LO will nap in the swing for a little while.

mom_to_kenzie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:13 PM
Yeah...I've tried the swing,.,I'm not sure what else to look for with an ear infection..what are other symptoms with babies?
abra
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:59 PM
teething maybe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_to_kenzie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:22 PM
Quoting abra:

teething maybe?

It's what I thought, but for it to not noticeably bother him during the day, and bother him horribly at night doesn't make sense.
grapejelly
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:22 PM

hugs! Momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)