Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introducing Bottles

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:10 PM
  • 9 Replies
my son is 5 months old and has been exclusively breastfed. I will be going back to coaching so my husband will have to feed him 2 nights a week. Any suggestions? Any bottle or pump recommendations? I was thinking about Tommy Tipee bottles and Ameda pump.

Thanks!
Jenn
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
babygomez
by April on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:23 PM
I bottle feed from day one, so here's a Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:05 AM
For occational pumping, I really liked the Avent Isis. It runs for under $30 and got the job done for us.

Try giving him a bottle of pumped milk yourself to start off. As he becomes more familiar with it, you can try asking your SO or other family member to try bottle feeding him. It might take a couple tries for him to become comfortable with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:37 AM
My dd was super picky about bottles and still won't really take one, but the only two she's ever taken are tommee tippee and adiri (order adiri on Amazon).

As far as pump I have a medela swing. I love it because it starts with a quick, light motion to stimulate letdown, then kicks in to a deeper suction, but you can press a button to skip the first part.

Have dh introduce the bottle, preferably when you're in a different room - he prob won't wanna take it from you cuz he'll be able to smell your boobs. And it will prob take a few tries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starleet
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:38 AM

I heard breastflow bottles are great for switching from one to the other.

wesleysmom08
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:04 AM
We use playtex drop in bottles when dh bottle feeds our LO. She goes between bottle and breast well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KayLundy3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:06 AM
Breastflow is the only bottle my breastfed baby will take.

Quoting Starleet:

I heard breastflow bottles are great for switching from one to the other.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennWatt
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:37 AM
Bump
SoniaL
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Be sure to ask this over in the Breastfeeding moms gtoup too. I only pumped as needed to relieve pressure so i just had the Madela hand pump. i liked it. My DD never took a bottle so no help w/ that.

It is best to have DH give the bottle with you not there as baby will typically want the real thing if you are there.

vanna_k
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:47 AM

I used the Lansinoh double electric, very cheap and definitely awesome! I used it for exclusive pumping in the beginning. Dr. Brown's bottles are absolutely amazing. My son hated Tommee Tippee.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)