• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My child will not lay down. Losing patience quick!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:24 AM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter wants to stay up alllll night and play. She doesn't like to nap, and I know this isn't good for her. I want to try that no sleep solution where you start off slowly getting them used to sleeping in bed by themselves. But I can't even get her to lay down, even next to me! She doesn't even want to be nursed to sleep. She used to sleep at 7:30pm every night, but now it's like she doesn't want to sleep at all ever :(

Any ideas on how to get her to lay down? I've tried everything relaxing I can think of and have been sticking to our routine. I don't know what is making her act like this... she's always super hyper and I never give her any sugar! 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MixedCooke
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:12 AM

how old?  My 18 month old takes a nap at 1230pm/1pm until 3 pm and then is in bed by 830pm.

We use white noise (standing fan), soft classical music (music toys such as My Pal Scout) and also infant massage and room darkening curtains.

Minga88
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:41 AM

I don't know if it's the right thing to do, but if my son seems active then I try and wear him out by laying him on his tummy (he's only 6 months) and letting him crawl aroung... whatever I can get him to do for exercise. I used to do this with my little brother also. But he was older like around 7 and I would challenge him to do jumpng jacks and stuff like that. I've noticed that it is more frustrating when my son won't sleep and I am trying to get him to sleep so if he isn't tired I don't even try.

LilithofEden
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:57 AM

That's actually sort of a good thing you noticed Minga. I should try and do some more physical play with her before dinner to kinda wear her out. And mixedcookie, thanks for the white noise suggestion! I will also try that!

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:55 AM
Repetition. Lay her down. When she gets up, tell her time to sleep and lay her back down. This could take a week, even two, but it works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
merinasmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:58 AM
Benydril: )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firemom5906
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:03 AM

How old is she?  My daughter (shes 5 now) stopped napping at 10 months.  She has never slept much.  I have asked her doctor and she keeps telling me not all kids sleep all the time.  Even as an infant she didnt sleep.  I agree with the pp that said wear her out.  I am having to do that with my 3 month old some nights.  I have to let him play to get him to sleep.  Its not easy to deal with but some times its just a phase. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)