Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long were your babies in newborn clothes?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:56 AM
  • 26 Replies

I had a premature daughter who wore preemie and newborn clothes for months, and I'm expecting a son now, and they are doing interventions to make sure we get to at least 37 weeks. My question is, how long were your babies in newborn clothes? Is it worth it to buy more newborn or just a fair few and get the rest in 0-3 months? my son is due feb 25th so it will shortly start getting warmer where I live.

Thanks mamas :)

pregnancy calendar

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaTwinkleA
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:53 AM
I'd skip them and do 0-3 my son was 5lb 9oz at birth he wore newborn clothes for 2 months but they typically are bigger than my son.

He wore 0-3 through 6 months. But still don't waste money on newborn payoff isn't really worth it I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:55 AM
Most only go up to 8lbs. Our son is estimated to be bigger than that at birth so we haven't bothered buying any newborn outfits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviaW.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:58 AM
I went right to 0-3 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:13 AM

My Nicolai was born at 37 weeks, 6lbs 4oz. He had been wearing newborn clothes until he was about three months old.

evansmommy03
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:15 AM

She wore them for like 3 weeks or so.

jewelfroggee
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:21 AM

My son was 8lbs 5oz when he was born he was in newborn clothes for 2 weeks. I only had a select few that didn't fit him the rest were fine, I didn't have many because I knew he wouldn't be in them for long.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Suz_and_Ash
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:38 AM

I don't bother.  We had one newborn outfit that was a gift and she wore it twice.  She was born at 41+3, and weighed 7lbs 15oz.  My thought process is that they can wear the 0-3 month clothing, and even though it might be a bit big, she will end up wearing it longer.

larissalarie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:00 AM
Haha, I thought you meant 0-3 when you said newborn! Lol. My kids were not in even 0-3 very long. But sooooo much just depends on genetics & the individual baby, it is impossible to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abifasc
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:01 AM

My son only wore them for about 2 or 3 weeks. But he's really tall/big - he's 8 mos now and wears 18-24mos.

YzmaRocks
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:01 AM
My baby wore a 3-6 month outfit home, lol. Skipped newborn completely. My other kids wore NB for a max of 2 weeks. I prefer getting 0-3 month clothes as they last longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)