• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

c-section: does DH have to pass u baby to nurse?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:50 AM
  • 21 Replies
Hi! I saw a posting where someone mentioned her DH had to pass her her baby from the bassinnet in the night after her c-section. Is this what I should prepare DH for? Is this common?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MayhemMatriarch
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:00 AM

I wouldn't know, I had Cesareans, but we bedshare so my baby is always beside me. Here's a bump!

★★Wife to Christian & Mom of FOUR★★
Samara Elise Alexandrea 12.31.03
 Caesar Noel 08.29.2006
Mercutio Anthony 05.05.2008 Severus Danger 10.10.2010
Stalk: ME|BLOG|PHOTOS|TUMBLR|TWITTER

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:11 AM

I've never had a csection, but i've heard that recovery is much longer and more difficult so it makes sense. How come you're having a csection, if you don't mind my asking?

MandaR89
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:15 AM
I was able to get up and walk around 3 hours after I gave birth (I had a csection) they kept me in recovery for two hours so I didn't even get to see him til 2 1/2 hours after he was born. I would say its a personal preference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evansmommy03
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:16 AM

I have never had a c-section so I don't know.  I tore pretty bad so my dh did bring her to me while we were in the hospital most of the time so I didn't have to deal with the pain.

sara_3388
My baby stayed with me the whole time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
I got my first son on my own . My second went to nicu .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMommaJessie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:19 AM

after a c-section you do not want to move they are painful. My son was 2 months preemie so he was in the NICU tilll he came home. but yes usually you will need help for about 2-7 days after the c-section it is very difficult to move and pick up the child ect. prepare him just in case you have a very difficult time after the c-sectiioin.

jessicaaris
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:21 AM

I am not sure, I never had a c-section. Here is a bump though.

GarrettsMom2011
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:10 AM

No, I did it myself from day 1. Its good to move as much as possible after a c-section. My kid was 10 lbs, 3 ounces too. UI also climbed stairs, and started working out again after 3 weeks )although was careful with the abs... dont push past what you feel u can do, but def get moving as soon as u can, it will speed up your recovery...

PEEK05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Same

Quoting MayhemMatriarch:

I wouldn't know, I had Cesareans, but we bedshare so my baby is always beside me. Here's a bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)