Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Csecs , do you think the hosp gives women enough time to recover?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:02 AM
  • 26 Replies

I DONT! I got sent home 2 days after a major surgery ! Barely could walk, its been a week and one day and i STILL feel like CRAP ! not to mention my son is still at the hosp so that just makes everything so much worse !!!

I have a very LOW pain tollerance

(i always thought i had a pretty high one untill birth and c-section now EVERYTHING i do hurts even if i just touch my stomach!)

Does it hurt when they take out your staples ??? I have an appointment later today =-0 !

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amanda_mom89
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:04 AM
Sorry you're hurting sweetie. :(

I didn't think my c-section was that bad. I only ever took tylenol and went back to work 4 weeks after. Every woman is different.

Also, I didn't have staples. I had glue. It was weird lol. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rena1999
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:04 AM
I didnt have staples with my c sec so here is a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:05 AM
I don't know, i've never had a c-section.

Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twhite90
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:06 AM
it didnt hurt when they took mine out but both times they took them out before i left the hospital
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chelleiot
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Quoting amanda_mom89:

I didn't think my c-section was that bad. I only ever took tylenol and went back to work 4 weeks after. Every woman is different.

Jealous! i want the glue! lmao

Chelleiot
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Quoting twhite90:

it didnt hurt when they took mine out but both times they took them out before i left the hospital

makes me feel a little better =) thnks 4 the reply!

hailey3
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:11 AM
I left 3 days after. I had glue. Bit I left without my babies. They passed away. We ended up driving 2 days after I got home 19 hours to Alabama to.say goodbye to my then dhs dad who was dying of cancer. He.passed away that next day. Was a very rough time for me. I was in constant pain I guess but I don't remember I was on mild sedatives to keep me sane and help.me cope after the loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyandBecca
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM
With my c-section I didn't get sent home until 3 days after surgery but with my first one I got an infection so it took me almost 2 months to recover which I also had staples and they removed them before I left and it didn't hurt and with my second they used glue and it took about 2 weeks to feel better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaygarcia97
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:16 AM

I have had two csections. The first one was in 09. I stayed for barely two days and I had the glue and steri-strips. I was in very little pain but I was tired easily. I had my 2nd in February of this year (9 months ago TODAY in fact) and had staples. I also had a blood transfusion and alot of other issues, I was in the hospital 4 days. When I got home i was in a lot of pain and could barely function for about 3wks. 

amanda_mom89
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:17 AM
Lol it was weird. Parts of it dissolved and other parts kind of flaked off over time. I think it took about 3 or 4 weeks for all of the glue to come off. It itched but I couldn't scratch it or pull it off.

Quoting Chelleiot:

Quoting amanda_mom89:

Jealous! i want the glue! lmao

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)