Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much attention

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

My baby is almost 3 mo old.  He want's to be held all the time.  I've tried putting him in his swing or on his playmat but after about 5 or 10 min he starts crying and he'll hold his breath. This is my first baby, is it normal for him to want to be held this much? or what can I do to teach him it's ok to be by himself for a little while?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
i.heart.myboys
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM

I would wear your baby! It is one of the most amazing things. I would put my kids in a wrap/sling or whatever and they would hang out there while I did things and my hands were free. It's amazing.

mfjers103
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Your baby is still very young and needs A LOT of attention. I know it can be frustrating, but honestly - housework can wait! :] Soak up as much baby time as you can, while you can! My DS is just a couple weeks shy of one year and he NEVER wants to snuggle anymore. Chances are, your baby will come out of it eventually and be ok by himself for a little while - it just takes time.

larissalarie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:38 PM
It is vital to your baby's brain development to receive plenty of attention. Your baby is normal :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
merinasmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:46 PM
They hrow out of it.enjoy cuddle time while u still can
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Yes it's normal.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:58 PM

It is normal. He loves you and loves being with you, mama.

I agree with pp, do some research on wraps and see which is best for you.

hargonagain
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Believe me, that time goes by way too fast, before you know if your sweet little baby who is crying for you now will be pushing you away and wanting toys over you!  A sling, wrap, even a baby backpack keeps you in contact but your hands free so you can do some stuff.  I would say treasure your time together!  If he is able to be put down for 5 or 10 minutes then do it, but don't wish his "babyhood" away, you will regret it, I promise that!

aquarius1701
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:40 PM

JUST WANTED TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR GREAT ADVICE! THANKS LADIES

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)