• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying compassionate CIO, AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM
  • 73 Replies

OK, so I'm trying compassionate CIO with my almost nine month old daughter. It's really hard on us, she's screaming her little head off! I hate it! I want your stories and advice. This is super rough! She's screaming less than she was when we started, but it's still hard on me!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
novachick
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't do CIO. If my babies are crying they need me for something, even if it's just attention or comfort. Sorry I'm not much help. But I'm sad she's upset too :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buttercup627
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:05 PM
I'm not a fan of CIO but bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:06 PM
5 moms liked this
Do you know why cio 'works'? Because babies stop trying. They realize they have been abandon and no one is coming for them. Just something to think about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carsonsmommytam
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM
Its hard because its against your maternal instincts. I dont do CIO, but i hope you find relief in one way or another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Sorry, we don't do any form of CIO at all.

Here's a bump.

MayhemMatriarch
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:29 PM

We don't allow any kind of CIO in our home. Sorry. :\

Bump.

★★Wife to Christian & Mom of FOUR★★
Samara Elise Alexandrea 12.31.03
 Caesar Noel 08.29.2006
Mercutio Anthony 05.05.2008 Severus Danger 10.10.2010
Stalk: ME|BLOG|PHOTOS|TUMBLR|TWITTER

mommyhonu
by Mary on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:47 PM

bump for Abra ... she's pretty knowledgeable about compassionate cio. Good Luck Mommy!

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:01 PM

I was gonna say the same! Good luck =)

Quoting mommyhonu:

bump for Abra ... she's pretty knowledgeable about compassionate cio. Good Luck Mommy!

CheyennesMommy2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:12 PM
No help here :/ when my older dd was like 10 months I tried CIO for a couple months and I hated every second. She was refusing to go to bed though. I hated it so much and swore id never do it again. She's 2 and now I let her cry if she's throwing a tantrum. But if she doesn't want to go to bed i rock her. And my 6 month olds the same..she hasn't ever CIO tho. But sometimes I have no choice but to let her cry for a min cause she has seperation anxiety.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sara.Worthey
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:06 PM
We did a combo of CIO and not CIO with our first (would of with my second, but he is in the same room as us and amps up differently than she did). We layed her down almost asleep and played her mobile, left the room for 5 mins. If she cried we repeated the process but upped the time to 10 mins. Not sure how long we would have gone to, we never made it past that. Before that we tried leaving our hands on her til she was asleep and each night moving away more, but discovered that she needs to have no attention/snuggling to fall asleep while our son needs to snuggle and bf right now at a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)