• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Discouraged :(

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM
  • 21 Replies

My due date has come and gone and on Monday if I still haven't gone into labor then they are scheduling an induction. This is my first baby and I really wanted to go naturally but I understand if I have to be induced. I lost my mucuos plug today so I walked for three hours and was getting some contractions but I knew they weren't the real thing because I had them a couple of weeks ago and the doctor said they were BH contractions. Do I still have a chance to go into labor on my own? Right now I have no pain what so ever. Is there anything I can do to help increase my chances? I can't have sex so that's out of the question sadly lol 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xomrs.chase
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:05 PM

well, you have a hand hahahaha ;-)

my mom said i was a week or two late- anything after that is dangerous i believe. (im no expert)

good luck!!!!

PEEK05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:16 PM

I think you still have a chance. :) Walk walk walk.

SuperMom2433
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:21 PM
Stand with your feet shoulder length apart and rock your hips back and forth and in figure eight movements. Also, bouncing on the edge of your bed or a yoga/birthing ball. Good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:26 PM
Walk and sex :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:26 PM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5klady
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:28 PM
There's still hope! I went a week over my due date and had and induction scheduled for Tuesday and went into labor by myself Sunday night. Good luck!:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misery_Stitches
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:33 PM

You do NOT have to be induced if you do not want to be. 

But you could try walking more (HEAPS of walking, I walked for HOURS lol), walking on the curb so you are one foot up and one foot down... or walking up and down stairs.

Drink raspberry leaf tea (NOT raspberry tea, make sure its the leaf tea)

Evening primrose oil capsules both orally and vaginally

You can look into homeopathic remedies. I had one that you put a few drops under your tongue before you went out walking.

Bouncing, swinging and swaying on a birthing ball.

Nipple stimulation

SalmonBerry87
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:35 PM
Walk! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zengrl22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:39 PM
My first was 2 weeks late. My water broke but I was not diallated and I had to be induced after 10 hrs of nothing. I have nothing for you to try cos I tried it all and it didn't work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassysuie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Walk, nipple stimulation, turn on some music and DANCE, spicy food, pineapple

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)