Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oohhh mommyhonu!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:16 PM
  • 5 Replies
And anyone else in Hawaii, i will be vacationing there next year, what can i not live without seeing/doing? Whats your favorite thing to do there?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:00 PM

ohhhh, what to do ... it really depends what you like to do. Are you coming to Oahu? Are you planning on island hopping? I would recommend the Polynesian Cultural Center (here on Oahu) it is on the other side of the island but well worth the drive and the price (it is on the pricey side but think you'd really enjoy the luau and show that they provide.) If you do plan to go there plan at least an hrs drive there and and hrs drive back. You can spend the day at the cultural center and they do teach you alot.

If you're taking the keikis they might enjoy the pineapple maze/train. They even serve soft serve pineapple ice cream there. Soooo Ono!

If you like a lil history, you can always visit the U.S.S. Arizona memorial. Also a tour of the palace is really nice. It's the only palace on U.S. soil and where the royals lived before the hawaiian monarchy was overthrown.

For souvenirs I would tell you to go to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet. I believe that they are open Wed, Sat & Sun. You can get something like 10 t-shirts for $20.

If your looking for fun there is the Wet & Wild water park.

Let me see what else I can find and I'll be sure to let you know.

carsonsmommytam
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:18 PM

We like the touristy aspect of things like the cultural center and we also are adventurous so some snorkeling woud be awesome as we all LOVE water and water creatures. Maybe a guided swim with some sea life? I dunno what there is to offer. lol. We wil be motly on Oahu, but plan to hop to the big island to see the volcano and all its beauty. My dh also wants to do the memorial (eew, i hate sunken boats. especially ones with dead bodies still inside *shudders*). My parents told us about the swap meet so we will be definately heading there. Drives are no problem at all. Here at home we have to drive an hour to get most places, lol. I would totally dig a water park too:) And of course a Luau. Who would visit and not go to one. It just doesnt make sense! lol. I really appreciate your help. I dont like to look stuff up online because its never what it seems so this first hand advice is awesome! Thanks so much, my new tour guide :) Oh, and hows the weather in October?

PEEK05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:31 PM

No idea, bump.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Have fun!

carsonsmommytam
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Thanks Mamas :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)