Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She never wants formula!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM
  • 9 Replies
She gets hungry and I'll make her a bottle but the only thing she wants anymore is baby food! She had 4 jars today plus cereal twice! She only ate 10 oz of formula! (she's 6 1/2 months) I'm sure she will eat another 6oz lol..but still she actually refuses the bottle then gets excited for baby food lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Cut back on the baby food. Feed a bottle first. Then baby food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yksurepa_570
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:47 PM
I had that problem with my DD. The ped told me to give her 1/2 the bottle then some food the rest of the bottle then the rest of the food if she wanted it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:58 PM
Her dr said its okay, that she could eat all baby food and be fine. I just like bottle time :) we cuddle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:59 PM
My older daughter was kinda the same way but not as much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Do you give her water along with her solids? If so, that might be filling her up.

CheyennesMommy2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:08 PM
No, If she needs liquid I give her formula. She has to have water with her medicine every day now and I don't want her to drink to much :/

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Do you give her water along with her solids? If so, that might be filling her up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Daisies.23
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
This is bad advice- their primary source of nutrition should be breastmilk or formula for the first year.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Her dr said its okay, that she could eat all baby food and be fine. I just like bottle time :) we cuddle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:14 PM
Well I trust him :) he is an amazing pedi! I was on a wait list..obviously I wouldn't not give her formula, but what he was saying is its not going to hurt her if some days she has more baby food and less formula.

Quoting Pink.Daisies.23:

This is bad advice- their primary source of nutrition should be breastmilk or formula for the first year.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Have you tried skipping one or two solid feedings and waiting for her act like she's ready to eat, then offering the bottle? If she's real hungry, I would think she would just take the formula. I don't mean to starve her of course, just to let her get hungrier than just hungry... If that makes sense.

Can't say that I blame her for wanting solids over formula though, blah. lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)