Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those that bedshare:is it a King bed? is baby in a little bassinet or on the bed?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:22 PM
  • 27 Replies
Hi, DH and I have a queen bed and I don't know where I'd put our baby! Just flat on the bed (bc they can suffocate near pillows)n or are they in a mini bassinet? How does it work?- thanks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chadsmom05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:24 PM
I bought a safe and secure cosleeper from jcpenny.com, I think walmarts website has them too. I'll try and find a pic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teachermama924
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:26 PM
We have a California king. And we had her in a sleeper bed thing that we found that fit in bed between us with hard sides for the first six months. After that she's just laid between us but I felt safer with the other thing while she was small. It was first years brand and I ordered it from target online
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffaniallred
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:27 PM
My daughter has slept with me and my hubby since day one but we have a Cali king. Alot of sleepiness nights for me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chadsmom05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Here ya go, the top half is really hard so you can't roll over baby or put your pillow or blankets over them. I loved ours and it was awesome for about 4 months. You have to stop using them when they start moving around in their sleep. She is now in her crib right up against my side of the bed. We hold hands while sleeping:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norwgnwood
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM

I would kill to have a king! I'm a single mom and my son and I shared a twin size bed until he was over 2. Now we have a double and we still sleep super close and cozied up to each other. I say I'd love a king but I'm sure we'd end up spooning all night even if the bed was the size of a house. When he was an infant he usually stayed down by my boobs. We slept with one or 2 light blankets and I only had 1 pillow on the bed.

Amy2079
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:32 PM

had queen size bed, we didn't think about sleeping with baby when we bought the bed. My son is 11months he doesn't bit into the bassinet. Our house is cold too so I put blanket over him and he sleep btwn pillows. I woke up multiple times a night of course checking on him, but he's fine he hate anything that even come close to his face so even a tiny corner of the blanket touches him he will brush it off. He kicks and roll and turn so it's not a good night sleep for the parents. Make sure he doesn't fall off the bed

teachermama924
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:37 PM
This is exactly what I had and was trying to explain. It worked great for the first six months.

Quoting chadsmom05:

Here ya go, the top half is really hard so you can't roll over baby or put your pillow or blankets over them. I loved ours and it was awesome for about 4 months. You have to stop using them when they start moving around in their sleep. She is now in her crib right up against my side of the bed. We hold hands while sleeping:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:42 AM

We had a king with our first and he slept in bed with us, no problem there. With our 2nd we downgraded to a queen and she still fit fine. Since I was breastfeeding I just cuddled them all night. :-)

xxxTrishy518xxx
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:43 AM

My son slept in a crib up until he was 2 yrs old. but then his legs got stuck in the bars a couple times, so we got him his own bed...       well now his bed is my bed...now hes 3..sigh lol. 

Samantha431
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 4:47 AM
Thank you! I am getting a c-section and won't be able to move very much at all. If DH has to pass me baby in the night this might be the easiest way instead of him getting up and going around our bed to the bassinet that is beside me on the other side!

Quoting chadsmom05:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)