Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did your child act after vaccinations?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:41 PM
  • 17 Replies

My little boy goes tomorrow for his 2 months shots. I'm so nervous. I'm debated for a solid month rather to take him or not and if I should delay any of them. But I guess we're just going to get it all done at once. :\ 

How did your little ones react? How long did they cry? How long did it take them to get back to normal?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandyjh
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:43 PM
She acted normal, maybe a little bit more sleepy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Well, my LO had a bad reaction, and her lack of oxygen turned her face blue.  I suggest, if you are unsure, research vaccine injury risk vs disease risk.  you can always get a vaccine later on, but you can't take one back once its been given.  Needless to say, we are now non vaxers.

larissalarie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:59 PM
All 3 kids have been fine. 2 months are easy, they don't know what's happening. My oldest cried a bit, my middle never noticed, my youngest is the most sensitive and cries for a couple of minutes. They usually hate being held still as much as anything. They do pick up on your vibe about the whole thing. So if you are nervous, they will sense that and have a harder time. I don't get bothered by shots, so I think that's a part of why my kids don't either. Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tsume
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:18 AM

both my cried as soon as they got the shots but once i held them with in 2 or 3 mins they stopped cring and just whimppered. and by the next day they were back to normal

babygomez
by April on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:19 AM

She would cry for the first 5 minutes and would be fine afterwards, just a little more sleepy than usual, for the rest of the day.

Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Mine only cried for a few seconds and then was fine. And then she slept all afternoon! And then all night. It was a nice break for us :)   

alandou
by April on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:28 AM

dd has always cried but she was done by the time we walked out of there. that's about all.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:35 AM
We don't vaccinate.

Here's a bump though :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Mine didn't cry until at least their 6 month shots, and even then it was over with as soon as I picked them up again. No fevers, no irritibility, nothing. I worked Peds for about  a year and gave shots all day long, 5 days a week. My experience was typically 2 & 4 month olds cry a little towards the end and then stop immediately once they are held. Of course, I think I'm more gentle with shots then a lot of other nurses or MAs, at least that I've worked with, so that may have something to do with it too. In that entire year, I never had more than a site reaction, and never on a baby. Just stay calm and out of the way. :-)

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:37 AM

And be prepared for 5 shots and one oral vaccine, unless his doctor's office uses combo shots.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)