Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats the checklist you went by...

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:21 PM
  • 13 Replies
When you found out you were pregnant? What all did you get?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:28 PM
I asked girlfriends who already had kids what to buy. Basically it came down to carseat, diapers, wipes, a couple swaddling blankets, lots of onesies, a couple sleepers, a pack n play and whatever you need to feed baby. Everything else is optional.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Didn't really go by a checklist with my last. I  knew what I did & didn't need by then.  I had a crib that I used sidecarred to my bed, a sling my mom gave me, a few clothes from some friends who threw me a shower, &  a carseat. That's all I needed

mamabens
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Oh & cloth diapers my MIL made for me

angela.bouchard
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I did the same thing as Abra listed, I asked my friends that were already moms what they thought was necessary and went from there. I had blankets, clothes, carseat, diapers, wipes, bassinet, crib, baby bath, wash cloths, towels, and I'm sure other things I can't think of off the top of my head lol

ZoeysMom11
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:30 PM

i bought what to expect when you're expecting and the girlfriends guide to babygear. both were helpful :)

PEEK05
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:30 PM

I didn't use a checklist.

teachermama924
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:31 PM
I combined and edited a bunch of lists to suit our needs and got input from my mom, sister in laws and friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nbarnes0018
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:43 PM

I just wrote out what I thought would be needed. I ran the list by my mom and she approved it. I got a crib, pack n play, sleepers, a whole lot of onsies, diapers (in 3 different sizes), wipes, lotion, baby shampoo, and a ton of blankets, bottles, bottle brush, car seat, stroller, car seat cover, socks, hats. I'm sure I'm leaving something off of this list :/

CafeMom Tickers
sreichelt26
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:31 AM

I googled some lists and modified them based on what I knew/learned from friends. Then compared that list to the sample ones they give you when you register. Then modified my registry as it got closer and i had done more research on what i'd use/need

larissalarie
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:53 AM

Quoting PEEK05:

I didn't use a checklist.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)