Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

PLEASE HELP! Just found out I'm pregnant and my guy left me!

Posted by   + Show Post

I am a single mom of a one year old little girl. Her father is not involved at all. I've been single since I was 2 months pregnant with her. 4 months ago, I met a guy who I thought was incredible. He helped out with my daughter-diapers, feedings, let me sleep in in the morning while he got up with her, he cleaned my house, took out my trash, cooked for me, and even worked two jobs. We fell for each other hard and fast. Everything was going great. The idea of marriage and kids even came up. About 3 weeks ago, I found out I was pregnant. Of course, I shared the news with him. Then, out of the blue, 4 days ago he breaks up with me. I'm about a month pregnant, I'm EXHAUSTED, have a one year old to take care of, and no one to help me. I'm really freaking out!  Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?  Please help! I can't believe this happened to me! : (

by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 11:55 PM
Replies (51-60):
grapejelly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM

You can do it, just look into public servies and lean on some friends and family.. and give the guy a chance if he just needs a little time to cool off

Pammi86
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:50 PM
It is rude the way she suggested it! This person is always causing issues! If you suggest a abortion atleast act like you care and do it kindly!

Quoting MedicturnedMama:

I don't think that suggesting an abortion is rude. Yes, not everyone believes in it, but it is an option in this situation. The OP stated that it is not an option for her. Lets put the gloves down and move on to other options.

As for the original situation, if you still have any sort of contact with your babies father, I would slowly open up that line of communication. I would also tell your mom asap! She might be disappointed at first, but she will come around and help you out as best as she can. Good Luck with your situation!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
housefullofkidz
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:44 PM

((((hugs)))) give him some time. He may change his mind.

sofia0587
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
You're not straightforward every comment of yours that I've read has been mean and nasty! Its sad and pathetic that you get a kick of making other mothers feel like crap. Please get off cafemom you're not supportive or helpful in anyway!

Quoting deathbysexiness:

It's nice when you believe anything someone says about anyone else. Bet that's what happened when you believed a POS would stick around and be a dad to your kid if you got knocked up.

Quoting MyNameIsRAVEN:

Yikes! :0/

Quoting briesmomisback:

I've seen far worse from her. She is something different. And she's racist so she is a big help *sarcastic voice*. Seeing as I'm black I could never take advice from a racist prochoicer. I have no problems with other prochoicers though :-) she's just a mess.

Quoting mommaofemma:

Quoting deathbysexiness:

Abortion.

Tell me you are joking!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newwifenmom
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. If your family is willing to help let them, sometimes we don't know til we ask. Also try to cut costs as much as possible especially if you are not working. And if you can, try to get a job and work while you are able to. The gov't will help you with insurance til a few months after the baby. And you may already know about WIC but they will help you also and more so since you are pregnant. Don't give up!

deathbysexiness
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:27 PM
Wahhh all "mean" people need to get off Cafemom!!! I can't deal with anyone disagreeing with meeee and not thinking the same thoughts as mee! Waaaah!

I personally believe that all crybabies need to gtfo Cafemom. And people who coddle women who make terrible decisions.
It's not a purple Barney dinosaur world. It's not "I love you, you love me, everyone is nice". You will have to deal with jerks sometimes, and when you do something idiotic like the OP, you should be prepared to hear that not everyone is going to pat you on the back.

Quoting sofia0587:

You're not straightforward every comment of yours that I've read has been mean and nasty! Its sad and pathetic that you get a kick of making other mothers feel like crap. Please get off cafemom you're not supportive or helpful in anyway!

Quoting deathbysexiness:

It's nice when you believe anything someone says about anyone else. Bet that's what happened when you believed a POS would stick around and be a dad to your kid if you got knocked up.

Quoting MyNameIsRAVEN:

Yikes! :0/

Quoting briesmomisback:

I've seen far worse from her. She is something different. And she's racist so she is a big help *sarcastic voice*. Seeing as I'm black I could never take advice from a racist prochoicer. I have no problems with other prochoicers though :-) she's just a mess.

Quoting mommaofemma:

Quoting deathbysexiness:

Abortion.

Tell me you are joking!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:34 PM

He may need some time to adjust just like you do.  Only 4 months into a relationship it can be a shock for anybody that they are now having a baby together.  I would talk with him as much as he will let you and give him a bit of time and space to adjust. 

SuperMom2433
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:37 PM
This post is about mooty1010, not deathbysexiness. Lets remember that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mooty1010
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:18 PM
Well...it's an approximate, ya know. I know my week of ovulation, and most LIKELY conception. I missed my monthly and knew immediately. I miggt be a week further, but not much. Come on baby girl, why would I make something like this up? THIS IS NOTHING TO JOKE ABOUT!
Mooty1010
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:24 PM

OMG You gotta be kidding me! You should message me or text me if you wanna talk sometime. 910-890-0830  Thanks baby girl!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)