Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's a fair price?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:06 AM
  • 0 Replies

Ok... Tomorrow is my BIG show! It's a 2 day show. I'm SOOOOO excited!! However, my brother's girlfriend who was going to go with me, bailed... so I'm going alone... The show is from 10-5... and I have to be there at 7 to set up... by myself...

So - David has been taking off work since I started doing shows on Saturdays to stay home with the kids. But we've been losing a lot of money because of it. So tomorrow he is working and we HAVE A SITTER!!! It is a friend of our family and goes to our church. She is in her 50's and has grown children. She is a substitute teacher, so she will be hands on with them - which is great!

She said that she doesn't have a set price - that she allowes the parents to pay what they can. The church pays adults $10/hour when they hire them. But I can NOT afford that, and I told her that. So she said that whatever I am comfortable with is fine with her. I don't want to take advantage of her - but I've never paid for a babysitter before! She is going to be here by 6:30am so I can leave then - and will be here until 5pm or until David gets home, whichever is sooner.

I have NO idea what the going rate for a sitter with experience is. Like I said, I've never had to pay for a sitter before! What is a fair price? Hourly or set rate? She honestly doesn't mind whatever... but I don't want to take advantage of her either. She knows we are on a very limited budget too.

The kids are 4.5 and 13 months.

HELP!!!

Group MOD 

Changing the world, one mom at a time!

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)