Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did your baby almost have a different name?d

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:54 AM
  • 22 Replies
Id you change it at the hospital or shortly before or after birth? What was the name gonna be? What is it now? Do you regret the name you put on the birth cert?

My son jude had his name picked out from day 1 but in case he didn't look like a jude we picked out landon. Wayyyyy not his name :)

Expecting a Wee Little One in February 2012 to join Mum, Dad and

DS Jude born 12-27-2008! : ]

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenniferv04
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:55 AM

My oldest was ALWAYS terra... 

My baby, went from Rebekka, to Alexandria ro Melani to (due t my husbands horrible spelling) Meloni... as well as some random "ideas" for names here and there

Mommaof2girls81
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:57 AM

My daughters name was going to be Stella, but a month before she was born a friend of mine named her daughter the same name middle name included, so I changed it too Magdalena, its my great grandmas name, and my middle name. :D I don't regret naming her that at all.

mommy2lexinmark
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:58 AM
1 mom liked this
My 1st son was supposed to be Ryder....but hubby wanted a jr..so he ended up as Mark jr
i finallly got my Ryder born yesterday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofblueyes
by Ape on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:30 AM

I wanted to name DD Harleigh/Harley, because that is what my Dad wanted to name me, and he passed away when I was 4, so I thought it would be cool to name my child that.  Others did not think so, and I got a lot of bad talk about the name, so I ended up going with Molly, which fit's her well.  I wish I would have ignored what others thought, and stuck with Harleigh though. 

grapejelly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:02 PM

nope we were set on a name for a few weeks prior

KendraCay
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:03 PM
We decided before I even got pregnant that a girl would be named Elliott. Never could settle on a boy name, and thankfully didn't have to. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:08 PM

No

2timezthefun
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Riley was going to be named Ryder but a few days before I gave birth my friend gave birth and named her daughter Ryder 

Crystal1989
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:11 PM
Yes I was gonna name him Johnathan then Jacob but ended up naming him John
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Camey82
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:22 PM

I was single with my first and named him alone after my Dad and his grandfather who was his father figure. Matthew Charles.

Both of my daughters were a naming adventure.... DD1 was Moriah Simone til the day she was born and hubby decided he wanted to give her a more Hebrew middle name. Moriah...something....we didn't know. THEN he decided he didn't like Moriah AT ALL and changed it to Taliyah. I was so upset!!! ONE she would have to explain  how to pronounce her name for the rest of her life. MOST people say it wrong and have a hard time saying it even after correction. Her name ended up being Taliyah Moriah. Hubby's doing. I was most upset about this because the hubby didn't want to have any part of naming the baby once he found out she was a girl. How immature and selfish, but this only child was used to getting his way. Of course once she was born he loved her.

DD2 was to be Jada Brielle but we were reprimanded by our (now former) bible teacher because there are no J's in Hebrew so that's not a true Hebrew name. She then became Brielle Abrianna. I was in LOVE with the name Brielle so I was happy with her name. I LOVE her name. 

I let DH name his first son pretty much all on his own. It was after all his first son. Go figure I HATED the name he picked, but of course it has grown on me. He's Seth Arion.

Baby Number FIVE!

pregnancy week by week

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)