Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleep habits for 5 month old baby boy?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:30 AM
  • 16 Replies
Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone has any advise on how they got their kids to sleep through the night/ how you get them to fall asleep.I almost always have to give him a bottle to get him to fall asleep and then he wakes up once every night hungry.... anyyyy ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Kelly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:47 AM
My daughter is 7 months old and I've been playing music for her at bedtime for months. It helps her relax and fall asleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iuangina
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:55 AM
My son loves the music and lights soother. He loves it so much that he turns it on when he wakes up in the morning and goes back to sleep.
babygomez
by April on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, my daughter slept throught the night from very early on. She did have a crib toy that was set to turn on if she woke, and if she did, she'd fall right back to sleep when it did.

Bump.

larissalarie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this
Only waking up once at night is very good for a baby so young! He will sleep longer when he's ready all on his own :-) You might try giving him the bottle before your bedtime routine and then rock him til he's sleepy, but awake and lay him down awake. He will probably cry. Then you pick him up calm him, lay back down. Repeat til he finally goes to sleep. This way he's not needing the bottle to fall asleep. But at 5 months he might truly need the bottle in the night. Remember, babies are tiny and need to eat more often. And technically sleeping through the night just means a 5 hour stretch. If he's only up once, I'm guessing that he IS doing that already.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ty355172
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:25 AM
Bedtime routine and nurse. But didn't and dont expect dd to sleep through the night.... fyi sleeping through the night is 4-5 hours.ur baby might be sleeping through the night already! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM

My four and a half month old still gets up twice to eat :) It's normal.

MoonShadow3
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

wow..wakes once a night..that must be tough lol

my first two woke about 6 times a night until they were 1- 1 1/2 so I can't give you any help there 

my  almost 3mo old sleeps through the night unless she's having a growth spurt

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:02 AM
Bump. I got lucky. Both my kids slept through the night by 3 months...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:00 AM
It's very normal at that age. My kids didn't sleep trough the night until after one year. Hugs!

Try a routine. Bath, book, and bed. Music or white noise maybe.

Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPrime
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Once? He gets up only once? My 6 month old is still getting up every hour to hour and a half to feed! If he is hungry FEED HIM! My little guy is so active that he just burns through food. Don't discourage eating. This is a critical time in his growth and development and they boy needs calories!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)