Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't leave the house without my daughter freaking out!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:48 AM
  • 15 Replies

My youngest daughter Lily just turned 1 a week ago and she is not really a clingy baby, sometimes she is but for the most part she just cruises around and does what she wants. Well for whatever reason, she does not like staying with DH. He doesn't have the most patience ever and he doesn't really know how to get her to stop crying or whatever so he gets frustrated but it is not as if he is mean to her or anything. I know babies can sense when you are aggitated but I can't leave the house without her freaking out. I have to wait until she is napping if I want to go anywhere without her. I can understand when she was a little baby but why is she still doing it? I can't even go to the bathroom alone, she will crawl over to the bathroom door and cry until I come out, same with a shower. It is ridiculous. She has plenty of toys and an older brother and sister to keep her entertained. And she is fine when I am just hanging out, she doesn't come and sit with me all the time or anything, she plays. I don't understand why she does this still. It would be nice to be able to go somewhere alone when she is not sleeping or in bed for the night. How do I get her to ease up? I don't mind taking her most places but sometimes I have to go alone, like when I work a few hours.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauratupper
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I don't know, my ds does the same thing sometimes. And he's 20 months.

jessicaaris
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Its such a nightmare!

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:50 AM
My 2 year old still freaks out. It's a baby thing...

I just take him to the bathroom with me etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peytonsmommy310
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:51 AM
This exaxtly

Quoting lauratupper:

I don't know, my ds does the same thing sometimes. And he's 20 months.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:51 AM
My daughter does it too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Butterfly31607
by Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Both my daughters do that too. I wait til they are busy doing something then I sneak out. My daughters are 21 months and 3.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:56 AM

My boys were always like that, too. I would just occupy them with something and sneak away and out the door.

othermom
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:57 AM

She just wants mommy. My kids all went through a stage like that where I couldn't even leave the room with out them getting upset, thankfully it didn't last to long.

jessicaaris
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM

I hope it doesn't last long. It really stresses my husband out when she is screaming and nothing he does to help makes her stop.

Quoting othermom:

She just wants mommy. My kids all went through a stage like that where I couldn't even leave the room with out them getting upset, thankfully it didn't last to long.

beba1990
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:07 AM
My son is just like that so is my husband i've been trying 2 teach him how 2 understand his son now the get along more still he has very lil patients :) but its a stage my son still freaks out even if i walk a few feet away from him when he's not looking lol it will pass
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)