Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rashes and diahria

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:54 AM
  • 8 Replies

my baby has really bad acid like diarrhea and its causing a bad rash like skin peeling off I've tried calling his doctors and they keep putting it off has anybody had this problem before and how do i resolve it?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lauratupper
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:47 AM

how old is he?

deathbysexiness
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:51 AM
What are you feeding him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misery_Stitches
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Do you know the cause for the diarreah?

My dd had lots of food allergies as a baby and diarreah was one of her symptoms. What was worse is that she was also allergic to rash creams etc lol.

I went to a naturetherapist and they said to give a teaspoon of slippery elm powder mixed with water as a paste. It helped to make her poop a little more firm.

We also gave her lots of nuddy butt time to let the skin heal. And used cornflour as a talc. I know now you can put breastmilk on the rash and let it air dry or use 100% virgin coconut oil (or both even)... as they have natural healing properties.

But if I were i would be looking for a cause as well as something for the rash. Hope they get better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:05 PM
my son gets that when he is teething. I put a layer of coconut oil on, then A&D ointment, and then a layer of powdered oatmeal (just take dry old fashioned oats and put them in the food processor until they are powder fine). That usually helps along with lots of baths and air dry time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:31 PM

This happened to my daughter when she ate any kind of berry and also raisins.

brittney28
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:33 PM
Put coconut oil and brown some flour on the stove till its the color of a brown paper bag and use as powder.. also malox..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grapejelly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:50 PM

i have no idea!  but i hope you can get it figured out.

jridgill
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:49 AM
How often is this happening?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)