Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Saturday Surprises!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:35 AM
  • 7 Replies

What was the last thing your little one(s) did or said that surprised you?!

surprised

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
abra
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:00 PM
took a 4 hour nap! (he is 1 year old)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:33 PM

My 2.5 year old learned the phrase 'shut up' at preschool. I picked her up from school and then all that day she kept saying it. The first time I heard it, I was singing her a song and she told me "no mommy, shut up." I was appalled. I put a stop to that immediately. It took a couple days of consistent time outs and she stopped.

babygomez
by April on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Yikes! :(

I remember hearing all kinds of things from the kiddos in my years in childcare.

Quoting PEEK05:

My 2.5 year old learned the phrase 'shut up' at preschool. I picked her up from school and then all that day she kept saying it. The first time I heard it, I was singing her a song and she told me "no mommy, shut up." I was appalled. I put a stop to that immediately. It took a couple days of consistent time outs and she stopped.

babygomez
by April on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:05 PM

She can do belly rolls! It's so funny.There is a segment on Yo Gabba Gabba called 'Cool Tricks', and there is a boy who's 'cool trick' is doing belly rolls. She gave it a shot and is now doing them throughout the day, haha. I need to get it on video :-P

grapejelly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:34 PM

hm... she said Santa the other day

stacy2607
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:23 PM
My 4 1/2 yr old DS Kaden was playing house with 2 of his brothers and one of his sisters earlier .well, after they were done eating their Ramen noodles they had for lunch I said " could you move the table for me please( their little plastic kids table they eat at) so I can pick up all the noodles you guys got on the floor" and Kaden said " remember mom, you are the mom and I'm the dad, so I will clean up this mess and you go cook!!" lol..and he cleaned up every noodle..lol..and then later on in the evening I was cleaning the living room and he said " remember, I will clean, I'm the dad!! " lol and he again cleaned it up!! :"
CafeMom Tickers
alandou
by April on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:35 AM

dd has been going around and saying "boobie! boobie!" and this child was not BF so I dont know where she's getting it from, LoL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)