Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neat Freak Moms!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:38 PM
  • 23 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you feel people with clean houses look like better parents then those with messy houses?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 38

View Results

So i tend to be somewhat a neat freak. Since my daughter has gotten much bigger (5) im not as bad, although i make her clean her room a few times a week and I'm always cleaning the house. When she was a baby I was way worse. I'm now pregnant with my second child and I KNOW im going to be the same way. It did rub off on my daughter to the point she would scream if her hands were dirty, even if i told her to wait a few minutes (If we were in the car, or walking up to the house) It didn't matter she would still get really upset. Anyhow I am not with her dad anymore. Now my husband is worried if we have a son and I'm the same way. He is afraid i will turn him into a sissy or something. (Its his first child) But i don't like my kids in a dirty environment or putting dirty things in their mouth.

How many other moms are neat freaks or have these issues?

Are you concerned about having a clean environment or leaving your house and toys a mess and everything unsanitized? -I could never do this. lol

storklunchbag

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:42 PM

My house is clean, but I don't sanitize everything (toys etc.) and and my kids aren't afraid to get dirty!

I don't think it's healthy to live like that. Kids need exposure to some germs, we all do! I don't use any chemical cleaning products in our home either.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/389056_308471722514215_203543573007031_1178644_997686054_n.jpg
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
My SIL is a self- admitting neat freak and she herself hates that she is. Her husband does as well. He says his boys are so distraught over anything - even a crumb falling onto the floor, that he hates it. They're mini clean freaks instead of rough and tumbling boys.

I wish I was more of a neat freak. I clean, but I don't enjoy doing it and I admit, it gets so daunting sometimes and things get messy so fast afterwards that I get discouraged. My house is not dirty and messy, but it's far from immaculate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Belly_Laugh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Quoting Randi02:

My house is clean, but I don't sanitize everything (toys etc.) and and my kids aren't afraid to get dirty!

I don't think it's healthy to live like that. Kids need exposure to some germs, we all do! I don't use any chemical cleaning products in our home either.

Yeah Im not a HUGE neat freak where I dont let my kids get exposed to germs. i just on like My house being a huge mess. I dont sanitize my daughters toys, but i did when she was a baby. Im really bad about my floor, i have shampooed my carpet atleast 8 times in 6-7 months. Everytime something is spilled on the carpet i pull out the shampooer. I also sanitize all surfaces and toilets when i clean. I dont clean all day every day, i usually pick up everyday or every other day and really clean once a week. But i know it will be worse when the baby comes. I just hate walking into houses that are so filthy you dont want to sit down or take your shoes off and they blame it on their kids. lol

storklunchbag

Belly_Laugh
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Quoting Turtledoves:

My SIL is a self- admitting neat freak and she herself hates that she is. Her husband does as well. He says his boys are so distraught over anything - even a crumb falling onto the floor, that he hates it. They're mini clean freaks instead of rough and tumbling boys.

I wish I was more of a neat freak. I clean, but I don't enjoy doing it and I admit, it gets so daunting sometimes and things get messy so fast afterwards that I get discouraged. My house is not dirty and messy, but it's far from immaculate.

Yeah my daughter still feels bad if she drops something on the carpet. I tell her its okay and ive never punished her for something like that but i guess she knows how much a hate it. She isnt too bad about messes except she really hated her hands being dirty. I think thats my husbands fear too. It depends how dirty my house is rather or not im get all distraught over it, but it does affect my mood if its not fairly clean. but im not so bad to the point my house cant be a little messy for a couple days, it just doesnt stay that way very long lol

storklunchbag

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Quoting Belly_Laugh:

Quoting Randi02:

Yeah Im not a HUGE neat freak where I dont let my kids get exposed to germs. i just on like My house being a huge mess. I dont sanitize my daughters toys, but i did when she was a baby. Im really bad about my floor, i have shampooed my carpet atleast 8 times in 6-7 months. Everytime something is spilled on the carpet i pull out the shampooer. I also sanitize all surfaces and toilets when i clean. I dont clean all day every day, i usually pick up everyday or every other day and really clean once a week. But i know it will be worse when the baby comes. I just hate walking into houses that are so filthy you dont want to sit down or take your shoes off and they blame it on their kids. lol

Maybe it's time to get rid of the carpet :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/389056_308471722514215_203543573007031_1178644_997686054_n.jpg
mommyhonu
by Mary on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not really a neat freak. My oldest son hates to be dirty or to have anything in between his toes. My middle son could really care less if he's dirty or not and my youngest is somewhere in between.

elrbmommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I clean my.house everyday... I can't stand things being messy and all over the place. I need organization and sanitation. I am a neat freak, but I'm not ashamed.. my daughter does get messy (9 months) and i let her go to an extent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:46 PM
I have 3 kids (#4 on the way), and I have certain things that have to be clean (like my bathroom sanitized, my floors mopped and my kitchen sanitized), but stuff gets left out and it doesn't bother me as long as it isn't too cluttered. I actually have to restrain myself from cleaning too much because cleaning should come second to caring for my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMindx
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Im in between. I would LOVE  nice clean spotless home, but with 2 very young kids, they make it pretty much impossible to keep it that way! I woud rather take a night off of cleaning and have time to myself. I think I clean just for the exercise LOL

YzmaRocks
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:32 PM
If that were true, that moms with clean houses were better moms, I would be in trouble!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)