Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a walking zombie today.

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:07 PM
  • 8 Replies

DS has ALWAYS slept the entire night since birth (just wake to eat but continue sleeping while eating and after eating - never actually awake). However, last night, he woke up crying literally every 15 minutes ALMOST THE ENTIRE NIGHT. DH changed his diaper around 5:00 a.m., which only had pee in it, and then he fell asleep miraculously.

So we wake up at 7:00 a.m. and I take his pajamas off to change his diaper and put him into his clothes. I saw really bright red streaks on the bottom of his foot, almost like welts. There were three of them. One even went between his big toe and the toe next to it. They looked painful. So I inspected his pajamas and part of the elastic at the footie was broken. Poor boy was probably crying all night because the elastic was hurting his foot. He probably fell asleep after his diaper was changed because DH had to take his feet out of the pajamas to change him, and when he put his feet back in, they were out of the way of the broken elastic and no longer hurting him. :(

I wanted to cry when I saw that.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Aww :( Poor little man. I hope he slept a bit for you today!

If my babies were crying and I couldn't figure it out, I always check their feet and fingers. My cousin's baby had a hair wrapped around her toe really tightly. They couldn't get it off at home because her flesh swelled around it. She had to go to the ER and have it cut off... but she could have lost her toe because it was cutting off the circulation :(

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/389056_308471722514215_203543573007031_1178644_997686054_n.jpg
PEEK05
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Wow that is scary! Now I know for next time.

He skipped his morning nap this morning because we had a preschool event for DD. He a longer than usual nap this afternoon though. I'll probably put him down again this evening for about an hour a couple of hours before bed to get him some more rest.

Quoting Randi02:

Aww :( Poor little man. I hope he slept a bit for you today!

If my babies were crying and I couldn't figure it out, I always check their feet and fingers. My cousin's baby had a hair wrapped around her toe really tightly. They couldn't get it off at home because her flesh swelled around it. She had to go to the ER and have it cut off... but she could have lost her toe because it was cutting off the circulation :(

MumsTheWord571
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:24 PM
Wow! Poor little guy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kamrynlily07
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:28 PM
Aww poor lil man!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:40 PM

this is why my threads always putt up my 2 yr old had some wrapped around her finger once

PEEK05
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Ouch :( I don't have any kind of thread here thankfully. I didn't know I'd have to worry about footie pajamas haha.

Quoting mariesmama:

this is why my threads always putt up my 2 yr old had some wrapped around her finger once

jridgill
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:45 AM
Poor thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:46 AM
I hope you both get some rest today. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)