Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teething?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:09 PM
  • 6 Replies

Adrian has been VERY fussy. Usually a very happy baby but lately he will get upset all of a sudden and we have to work really hard to calm him down. He has been drooling quite a bit. He has been chewing on his hands frequently and also a frozen teething ring or my fingers seem to calm him down. He goes from not eating a lot to wanting to nurse constantly. He has been sleeping a lot in general but sleeping a little less at night.It kinda feels like there may be a tooth coming through the bottom but I'm not sure. He still has happy moments but OMG is it hard to keep him that way! I've had to walk him around the house for 10 min straight (if I stopped walking even if I was still standing he would cry), bounce him constantly for 20 min, and let him chew my finger, a teething ring, or sometimes his pacifier. He has been going through periods where if he's not nursing or sleeping, he's screaming. And a lot of the time he falls asleep while nursing so then I have to try to gently move him without him waking up because if he does we have to start the whole process over again. Like earlier he started out nursing but then that didn't work so he took the pacifier but that stopped working so he took the teething ring but that stopped working so i bounced him while he was standing up but that stopped working so he went back to nursing and fell asleep. This all happened in a 20 min period

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
adriansmom11
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:33 PM

BUMP!

lauratupper
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:59 PM
sounds like he could be teething.
jridgill
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:44 PM

It could be teething but all my kids nursed a lot until about 6 months. I mean a LOT. Like for 30-45 minutes every 45 min. If they weren't nursing, they were crying :)

larissalarie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:48 PM
This completely sounds like teething. There's a reason people think it's the worst! My youngest started drooling & gnawing at 5 WEEKS. He started acting like yours around 4 months. He didn't actually get any teeth til 7 months, and then it was 6 within 7 days. Teething is rough hang in there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommytomuffin
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:06 PM

My son is 6 months old and going through the exact same thing as your son right now. He cut 2 teeth at 5 1/2 months and then he had back to back growth spurts as well. It's been awful hearing him in so much pain and it takes a lot to calm him down also. Hang in there, it will get better

jridgill
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:46 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)