Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby sleeping issues

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 7:05 PM
  • 8 Replies
My son is 2 weeks old today and he sleeps great when he is held, in car seat or in boppy pillow. He will not stay asleep if I lay him in bassinet or pack n play. He usually wakes up with in 20 to half hour. I was using boppy in bassinet and it worked great but read tag on pillow that said not to use it for sleeping due to dangers. I am at a loss for how to get him to sleep in his own bed. When in car seat or being held he has slept. between 3-5 hours. Any. thoughts on how to combat this problem?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kirstina
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 7:11 PM
My dd sleeps in her boppy pillow in her bassinet. I think it makes her feel cuddled. Once she starts rolling then I will take it out but then she can sleep on her stomach which she likes, but I only let her do it.
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 7:16 PM
Try swaddling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 7:17 PM
And be patient, remember just 2 short weeks ago she was in the warmth & security of your womb....this world is quite a shock!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by Krista on Dec. 13, 2011 at 9:18 PM
I was doing that for the same reason as you but the warning label on the boppy scared me into not doing that. at least not at night time when I am sleeping.

Quoting kirstina:

My dd sleeps in her boppy pillow in her bassinet. I think it makes her feel cuddled. Once she starts rolling then I will take it out but then she can sleep on her stomach which she likes, but I only let her do it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ty355172
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 9:54 PM
Normal newborn behavior :) try baby wearing. Baby is close and safe, mom has hands free!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by Krista on Dec. 14, 2011 at 3:12 AM
What is baby wearing? Do you mean a sling or baby carrier? If so how do I do that at bedtime? During day its not an issue.

Quoting ty355172:

Normal newborn behavior :) try baby wearing. Baby is close and safe, mom has hands free!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ty355172
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 7:46 AM
Yes! Sling or wrap..bedtime is trickier...baby probably feels secure and safe with you next to her.dd sleeps with her hand in my shirt and face smushed into my neck....lol. tried the crib for months, but we never got any sleep until we started cosleeping. Try a bedside sleeper like arms reach if dh is really having an issue. Keeps baby close but in a seperate space...theyre only little once, it won't be forever:)

Quoting kblpooh:

What is baby wearing? Do you mean a sling or baby carrier? If so how do I do that at bedtime? During day its not an issue.

Quoting ty355172:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KarenBadazz2011
by Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 5:15 AM

My son was the same way and he has been sleeping in his boppy in my roommate bed since he was born and he is 3 months now and he is doing just fine. i know the tags say not to but the doctors told me if that is the only way to get him to sleep then do it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN