Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Difficult Burper or Collicy Child. Help please.

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 10:25 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have tried everything that I know. Over the shoulder, boob to the belly, let her fuss it out on a towel with her belly to the floor, put a little pressure on her belly/back (depending on position), sit and bend her, have her suck on a pas./bf for a bit and then try, walk around, pat her butt/belly, rock her while pressing her belly into shoulder/boob, rub her back, and butt in the air. I have tried to burp her for about five minutes to half-hour rarely successful. Most of the time it is just a lot of fussing.

Recently she's been throwing up more. When she vomits it's projectile. She's EBF. We've tried formula twice and she's only spit up a little of it. I've been trying to figure out what in my deit that's effecting her this way. The first few times she threw up it was because of gassy foods. Since then I have done my best to avoid 'em.  Other then that I have no idea how to get her to burp or what to do. There is just so many factors. I think she's allergic to something I'm eatting but what i have no clue. The only thing I've changed since being pregnant is adding more veggies and lower portions.

Sometimes I add Mexi-pep/hot sauce to my food about once or twice a week. Though she is fussy daily after eating. Sometimes for hours on end she will cry.

I'm normally VERY bored. Most of the time I feel like I don't have any support. Don't really have much friends. Feel free to message me and learn more about me.

by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Dec. 29, 2011 at 10:29 PM
Have you talked to your pediatrician about it yet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinstartermom
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Yes they say it's just gas & I should try burping her. That was at her 2wk apointment. Have yet to talk to them since.

ty355172
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Sounds like colic. The puking might be coincidental, an immature digestive system. The littlest bit of pressure or gas could be enough to make it Come back up. Dd was colicy. Baby wearing skib to skin and run the vacuum.take warm shower with baby while humming quietly in there . Shell probably freak at first then calm down when the water warms her up...those two things always worked . :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ty355172
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 10:37 PM
Also, newborns just cry...alot.... it will pass.

Quoting ty355172:

Sounds like colic. The puking might be coincidental, an immature digestive system. The littlest bit of pressure or gas could be enough to make it Come back up. Dd was colicy. Baby wearing skib to skin and run the vacuum.take warm shower with baby while humming quietly in there . Shell probably freak at first then calm down when the water warms her up...those two things always worked . :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2011 at 5:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Bicycle her legs, rub her belly counterclockwise.  Burp her starting from the lower back and moving up.  Try Mylicon if nothing else works.

MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2011 at 6:03 AM

it could be overstimulation, just too much stuff going on for her to deal with, so go to a dark quiet room and put her head on your heart and rock her and just let her listen to your heartbeat like she did when she was in your womb.

MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2011 at 6:05 AM

Babies also feed off of whatever we give off, so if you are tense, she will be tense, so you have to calm yourself down at the same time you try and calm her down.  Deep breath in through your nose and out through your mouth ten times.

both my girls were pretty colicky, one from 10 pm until 1 am and the other from 1am until 4am.  If you can, see if someone can take over and try to calm her.  I was lucky and had family (both our Moms) that lived close by.

brittanyx22
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2011 at 6:34 AM
Sounds to me like she has a dairy intolerance. My DD was the same way. If you want to try it out, you'll need to eliminate any obvious dairy and any hidden dairy for three weeks. You'll most likely notice a difference right away if that is the case. Elimination would include: cows milk, cheese, yogurt, butter, sour cream, cream cheese etc for the obvious ones. For the hidden ones, you would need to read EVERY label of everything you are putting in your mouth. Common examples are: milk (obvious), whey, whey protein, lactic acid, casein, milk fat, butterfat.

Godairyfree.org is a great website to start out. It will be hard in the beginning but I promise you that it gets easier. You're talking the someone who loves loves loves cheese and I don't miss it. The alternative things (Diaya (is the brand) cheese, almond milk, rice ice cream, Tofutti Sour Supreme, Tofutti cream cheese) are very good!
brittanyx22
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2011 at 6:36 AM
Also, colic is just what the doctor tells you baby has when they don't really know what is wrong and can't figure it out.
twinstartermom
by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 10:34 AM

We don't think it's dairy cause the formula is dairy & she doesn't spit it up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)