Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Updated With Video: What tips do you have for changing a squirmy toddler's diaper?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM
  • 139 Replies
4 moms liked this

We gave some moms a video camera and a gift card to be used on the purchase of Huggies(R) Slip On Diapers. Watch this short and funny video, as moms demonstrate just how easy Huggies Slip On Diapers can be.

Read the below stories from some of our other influencers. Then, go ahead and share your tricks for changing an on-the-go toddler's diaper.

by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Jan. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Here are some of the great things our influencers are saying about Huggies Slip-On Diapers:

3lilmonsters88 says:
They fit like a glove and made it so much easier for me to change my squirmy DS.

splatz says:
No extra adjustments and BOTH butt cheeks ended up IN the diaper!  

Jess0915 says:
They were easy to get on her and even daddy got it right, lol. He usually gives her a diaper wedgie.  

matreshka says:
I got the old one off and new one on before LO had a chance to squirm.

Gweneveer says:
Diaper changing has been much quicker and easier since we have been using these! 

jridgill says:
The stretchy sides are GENIUS! I love the tabs on the side and how easy it is to take the diaper off.

Read on to see what other moms are saying about Huggies Slip-On Diapers.

erikays
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I cant wait to try these, on my wiggle worms! Thanks cafemom and huggies! Will post more when we go shopping! :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilmonsters88
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Thank you so much Cafemom for the oppurtunity to try the huggies slip on diapers. As soon as I got the giftcard I ran right out and purchased a pack. I tried them on my dd and ds immedietely after their baths and the fit like a glove and made it sooo much easier for me to hold change my squirmy ds. He is 9ms old and very mobile. I love the side straps. It makes it for a easy diaper change. The price is a little steeper than I pay for our regular diapers but I am more than willing to pay it if it helps with getting them changed with little to no effort. All in all i would soo recommend this to any mother who needs a extra little help. Thanks again Cafemom and Huggies for giving me the oppurtunity to participate!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I received my GC in the mail yesterday, and went immediately to the store and bought a pkg of slip on diapers!    Thank you SO much CM!

Here is my review so far:

I only bought a small pkg because thats all the store had at the time.  I will be going back to target to buy another larger pack and definitely in a smaller size!

I switched my dd (22 lbs) to a size 5 last month.  So far we have had no issues with her in a 5.  Until this new pk of diapers.  Im disappointed in the huggies slip ons thus far.  I put one on her last night before bed, and I noticed the 5's were just too big.  Since there is no way to tighten them around her waist, we made do.  This morning when she woke up, the whole bed was SOAKED.  I changed her into a new one this morning, and right after she pooped, she leaked out the leg.  :(

I plan on going down a size and see if that helps.  I like how easy they are to change, and i definitely want to give them another shot!!  

I should have thought a little more about not being able to make them tighter, since there are no tabs.  

I will be back to review once I get the smaller ones for sure!  Im a die hard Huggies fan normally!

MamaBear2cubs
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I am auper excited to be a part of this influencer. I have a very active 21 month old who makes diaper changes very challenging to say the least lol. I love the pattern on the huggies, so cute, the first thing that I noticed was the fit, my dd is a little bit chubby but wow they fit her perfect, not too snug at all, we have also had an issue with her unfastening her diapers and taking them off but with the tab on the side it is now not an issue, I also appreciate that the price was comparable to diapers as opposed to pull ups which can be a little more expensive. Please forgive me as I am having computer problems and not able to post pictures at this time but I will as soon as I am able to. Thank you Cafemom and Huggies!

splatz
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks CM and Huggies! We got our gift card yesterday.

We decided to try our first one this morning. I let Daddy handle the diaper change. He was SO excited about how much easier it was to change her with slip-ons vs regular diapers. Normally it takes him at least a few minutes. Then I still have to adjust her diaper because its on wrong. But this time was different.. No extra adjustments and BOTH butt cheeks ended up IN the diaper!

I'll post a review as soon as we try a few more out.

------

We have been using the Huggies Slip-Ons the past few days now. To be honest, I was pretty skeptical about trying these. But for the most part they really are simple. Most of our uses have been catch, slip on, and release so far. Kaitlyn seems to not mind diaper changes as much when we use them. She hates having to lay down and get a diaper on. The more of them we have used the better she is getting at just stepping into the slip-ons.
Kaitlyn is 15 months and 20 lbs. I was worried that the diapers were not going to fit since she has a really small waist. But these diapers fit her extremely well. I would say they work at keeping her dry just the same as her usual diapers do (Up & Up- Target brand).
The biggest downfall for me was the cost. They are definitely a lot more expensive than our usual diapers. Yes, they are good diapers. But I'm not willing to pay more money for less diapers. These would however be handy for road trips or outings. Half the time places either don't have a changing table or the one they have is disgusting. So I plan to keep a few of these in the diaper bag for those cases.

Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to try Huggies Slip-Ons!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 10:37 AM
There are tabs on the side. Just more like the pull ups tabs, instead of traditional tabs.
Maybe try pulling those in a little before slipping the next diaper on?
My dd is 20 lbs and we got the size 4. They are a little big but same thing happened with us.. Target only had the giant packs. So we opted for the last 4 instead of the 3 she normally wears.

Quoting Gweneveer:

I received my GC in the mail yesterday, and went immediately to the store and bought a pkg of slip on diapers!    Thank you SO much CM!

I only bought a small pkg because thats all the store had at the time.  I will be going back to target to buy another larger pack and definitely in a smaller size!

I switched my dd (22 lbs) to a size 5 last month.  So far we have had no issues with her in a 5.  Until this new pk of diapers.  Im disappointed in the huggies slip ons thus far.  I put one on her last night before bed, and I noticed the 5's were just too big.  Since there is no way to tighten them around her waist, we made do.  This morning when she woke up, the whole bed was SOAKED.  I changed her into a new one this morning, and right after she pooped, she leaked out the leg.  :(

I plan on going down a size and see if that helps.  I like how easy they are to change, and i definitely want to give them another shot!!  

I should have thought a little more about not being able to make them tighter, since there are no tabs.  

I will be back to review once I get the smaller ones for sure!  Im a die hard Huggies fan normally!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Thank you Cafemom and Huggies for the opportunity to try out the huggies slip on diapers. We went down to the store yesterday to pick up a few packs and found a great deal on the big packs of the size 5 with 50 diapers in each. Ann is almost 27 months and weights about 34 pounds. The slip on diapers size 5 fit her really well in the waist and in the legs, she can move easily in them and the sides do make it easy to get them off.  They make diaper changes a little quicker since you can pull them up instead of having to lay her down and use the sticky strips from regular diapers, but with taking the old diaper off it is about the same since you still have to wipe. These will be nice though since I can have her help pull them up and down since we are hoping to try to potty train her soon. The slip on diapers hold well for the day time, but I wouldn't use them for night time, they don't hold well for the whole time she is in bed, so I will stick with regular diapers for that.

The slip on diapers were more expensive than the diapers we normally buy because the cheapest diapers in our town are at walmart and they only have a few slip on diapers in size 3 and 4 so we had to go to a different store where the small packs of slip on diapers are over a dollar a pack more. They wanted $10.50 for a small pack of size 5s(with 20 diapers), but they had the big packs of size 5s for $20 with 50 diapers so we got two of those for now. I look forward to continuing to use the huggies slip on diapers, I think they are a pretty good value for the price and that they make diaper changes a little easier, especially with my daughter being a little older and can help a little with the diaper change which she loves and it makes it go a lot easier.

Gweneveer
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I didnt realize there WERE tabs on the side, lol!

I just checked them out, and it doesnt look like they can be tightened all that much.  I will definitly try it though before I go and buy some more!  Thanks!

Quoting splatz:

There are tabs on the side. Just more like the pull ups tabs, instead of traditional tabs.
Maybe try pulling those in a little before slipping the next diaper on?
My dd is 20 lbs and we got the size 4. They are a little big but same thing happened with us.. Target only had the giant packs. So we opted for the last 4 instead of the 3 she normally wears.

Quoting Gweneveer:

VintageWife
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I was excited to be chosen for this. Huggies never worked for my sons so I wanted to give a fair chance to them on my daughter. Recently, she'd found a package of swim diapers and insisted on pulling them on over her regular diaper so I thought these would be nice to try.

We bought them and brought them home. My daughter is 18 mo, 20 lbs and we got size 3. When it was time for a diaper change, I pulled off the old diaper and told her to stand up and step into the the Huggies Pull-on. She hopped right up and stepped in. Then she went running to a mirror to see it :)

We have been using them since then trying to get a feel for them and write an honest review. She loves stepping into them. She still wanted to put the swim diaper over them, so I ended up getting her some panties to pull over them instead because a pair of panties is cheaper than swim diapers...LOL!

I like the Huggies, but I don't think they will become our regular brand. The price is not okay with me and they don't do anything better than any other diaper except pull-on. That is a good thing right now while my daughter is in the phase of stepping into things, but when she's out of that phase then the diapers are on the same playing field as the others.

So, our review is that we like them and they work for toddlers that want to be big kids and step into their own clothes and diapers, but the price is enough to push away frugal minded moms as well as non-frugal moms. Everyone wants the best deal possible for their diapers, right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)