• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know every baby is different BUT...!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM
  • 22 Replies
my son is 15 months old. he is not yet walking, he is a fierce crawler! he has six teeth (his first 2 came in at 1 yr, 2 more at 13 months and recntly christmas his last 2) he talks says word mama mami papa mimis names and different words in spanish, but no walking, he seems to be a tad bit slower than his cousins. should i worry? I really wish he would walk already!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maximami
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM
it has really annoyed me to see mybfriends children begin to walk and other things... and my son still hasnt. u know?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AirForceWife13
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't have any advice my daughters both walked at 9 months and my son at 10 months. Maybe just mention it to the doc next time you go. Does he at least attempt to walk? Or does it seem like he can't bear weight or it hurts him? Those would be reasons I would be worried. But if he's at least trying then I don't see a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjesswiley
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM
I would just talk to his pediatrician. Is he pulling up on stuff yet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FreeSpriT4eva
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Talk to ur pediAtrician
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maximami
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM
he tries and he will waddle short distances but.... wont really walk. and he recently started trying. i have been trying to do walking games since about 9 months and no luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maximami
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM
oh yeah we've been pulling up on stuff since about 8months

Quoting jjesswiley:

I would just talk to his pediatrician. Is he pulling up on stuff yet?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schaiswife09
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:29 AM

my dd walked at 9 months and ds at 10 months. I wouldn't worry though some babies are slower to walk. Trust me you will be saying "quit climbing on the couch, just sit down!" before you know it lol

steph2884
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:30 AM

He has up to 18 months before it is considered a delay. My nephew didn't start taking off until he was 15 months. My son walked at 13 months and my daughter at 10 months. If you are really worried talk to your doctor about it, but I believe your son is still in the safe zone when it comes to learning to walk. 

geekmommy84
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM

IMO i say No, that just where he is in the milestone. But if it truly bothers you, set up a pedi appt and speak with him/her about it.

jjesswiley
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Sounds like he just isn't ready yet to do it on his own. If u have one of those toys that he can hold on to and push around while he walks that might help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)