• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seperation anxiety

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM
  • 4 Replies
My son will be 4 months old next week. He seems to be starting the seperation anxiety early. He will scream when I leave the room and doesn't stop until I come back and he can see me. He's not even happy when my husband tries to calm him down. I can't even go to the bathroom without him freaking out. Is this normal? It seems like the only person he wants is me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
calimommy1021
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:55 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gavin423
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I'm going through it with my DD. She'll be 5 months tomorrow and it's been going on probably 2 weeks or so.

Occasionally, I can get her to play in her bouncer for a bit (only if her brother stays in the room with her) but generally she's gotta be in sight of me.

She's always loved playing with DH but it's gotten to the point where not only does DH not calm her but she just doesn't want him at all. Her tolerance of him consists of ME holding her while he sits by us and plays with her. She'll go to my mom for small amounts of time but I have to remain close by or she gets upset there too.

huntersmama711
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Ds just turned 6 months and is like this too. There are times he'll be happy in his jumperoo for 15-20 minutes so I can get stuff done but as soon as he realizes I'm not right there watch out! He tolerates his daddy for short periods of time at home, but out in public he NEEDS df holding him. I'm only good for a smile or food then. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

It can be. Even though he's young try and reassure him that you'll be right back and just be happy with him when you come back. He'll get through it eventually.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)