• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do men assume we will always take over?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:13 AM
  • 17 Replies
I'm so tired of my husban assuming our baby is only my job. He plays with him and sure will watch him if I ask but why am I the only one who takes control? Am I alone on this because I sure feel like I am and I'm getting sick of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angela.bouchard
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this

My SO can be like that at times and it's frustrating, I know how you feel. ((hugs))

shellyote
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep, my df acts that way. It gets annoying. I told him so. But then he says, "you have such an intimate connection with her." I'm just thinking, when she is upset and crying at night make some damn moves man!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candycrz
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this
When either of the kids cry im the one to take over lol he just assumes I will
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peekaboo528
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:19 AM
1 mom liked this
My df is that way. Sage is now 9 months and he's gotten better. He claims that Sage likes me better. He also said if I had ff he could get up with him. Nice try hun but breastmilk can be put in bottles too. :p
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM
For me I'm kind of different. I'm normally the one doing all the work. I run a daycare out of my home so I take care of kids all day including my own, I do all the appointments, get up in the middle of the night. My dh actually probably changes a diaper a day and sometimes does our special needs medicine. Typically I do it all. I like it personally. If I need to run errands he'll watch the baby but I don't need him to do. I'm capable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2boysmommy.js
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM

this is me.. well mostly, df works and pays bills, i take care of the children 100%  in the las 5.5 years and 3 kiddos he has maybe changed 5 diapers

he does wath them when i go to the store or dr but other than that they are my responsibality and thats what works for us

Quoting i.heart.myboys:

For me I'm kind of different. I'm normally the one doing all the work. I run a daycare out of my home so I take care of kids all day including my own, I do all the appointments, get up in the middle of the night. My dh actually probably changes a diaper a day and sometimes does our special needs medicine. Typically I do it all. I like it personally. If I need to run errands he'll watch the baby but I don't need him to do. I'm capable

phoenixmom2011
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:39 PM
It can be frustrating however I prefer it. My dh is perfectly capable of watching our son however men are not by nature as nurturing. I am much more aware of our son and what he wants/needs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:47 PM
I'm always the one that takes dd when she cries. Honestly I know her better and know how to calm her easiest. DH gets the scared "deer in the headlights what to I do??" look when she starts to fuss. He's at work all day, dd is my job. Plus, I have the comfort and food! =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Its just the way it works I think. Thats how it is at my house too.

larissalarie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:15 PM
I guess they assume because we do...my hubby is the same way, he needs an invitation to help out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)