• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jury duty...help! lol

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:29 AM
  • 40 Replies
Really?! I have to show up on the 23rd of Jan. I have a 3 week old baby who ebf. I have to be there at 8:15....do I just show up with my baby? I do not own a breast pump yet, and I'm not giving baby a bottle yet. Has anyone else experienced this before?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ADaltonmommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Call the courthouse before you go. They send out the letters to tons of people but only need a select few so you might not actually have to go. I get summoned all the time but I've never had to go and I've always wanted to. And they have bf covers. Take it use it and they will probably send you home early
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabsmom10
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Will the baby get to stay with me? I'm sure they would send me home early....or at least I hope so!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:36 AM
You can usually get a new date if you have a nursing baby. You might be able to reschedule over the phone or you may need to actually show up on the day, it depends.
ADaltonmommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:37 AM
They are not going to separate you from your baby. If they don't let you in the courthouse with the baby they will just send you home. Some people can't attend jury duty for serious reasons. My dad owned his own business and had to be there or financial hardship and they let him out very early. You just have to call.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermarie23
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:39 AM

You can call and reschedule, I had to once because I was going out of town, they just give you a new date a few months away.

DEEANNALAMB81
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:40 AM
In TX if you are BF or the primary care giver for a child under 7 you can fill out an exemption. I've gotten out of jury duty for the last 10 years and have 6 more jury duty free years left :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabsmom10
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:54 AM
I will try to call courthouse, thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMEMomma05
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Same here in VA,

Quoting DEEANNALAMB81:

In TX if you are BF or the primary care giver for a child under 7 you can fill out an exemption. I've gotten out of jury duty for the last 10 years and have 6 more jury duty free years left :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daeraelle
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Same in Florida. If you're the primary caregiver for a child, a disabled person, or an elderly person you just have to fill out a form. When I was called everyone showed up, there were about 100 people and they only needed a few. They explained all the exemptions, and if you fit you signed a paper and were allowed to leave. You may be able to contact them ahead of time so you don't have to show up.

Quoting LMEMomma05:

Same here in VA,

Quoting DEEANNALAMB81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jandra
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Same in ca.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)