Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not sure how to help her

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:33 AM
  • 31 Replies

my dd is 2 weeks old and it seems like she is having a hard time pooping. She has like 3-4 dirty diapers a day, but in between those she sounds like she's trying really hard to get something out. She is EBF and when she does go it looks normal. I just feel so bad watching her cause she looks so uncomfortable. :(

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Judith3247
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:35 AM
bump!

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Are you breastfeeding her? If so eat some greens, fiber is good for you both and will make pooping a little easier. If you are bottle feeding, you could consider switching her to Soy formula.

.Angelica.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM

yes she's breastfed. I'll try getting more fiber in my diet.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Are you breastfeeding her? If so eat some greens, fiber is good for you both and will make pooping a little easier. If you are bottle feeding, you could consider switching her to Soy formula.

lauratupper
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:27 AM

BUMP!

joci2203
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Lift her legs up, or push on her belly a little when she looks like she is struggling.

.Angelica.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM

i do, it doesn't help

Quoting joci2203:

Lift her legs up, or push on her belly a little when she looks like she is struggling.

larissalarie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:37 AM
6 moms liked this
Fiber doesn't pass through to breastmilk, lol! The definition of fiber is that it's an UNDIGESTABLE carbohydrate. That's why it's good for cleaning YOU out.
Your baby is probably fine. Breastfed babies pretty much never get constipated, so in a few weeks when her system regulates and she doesn't poop for a few days, don't worry. Newborns have never had to do anything before, so they act like things are a lot of work. It's normal, it doesn't mean anything is wrong. Just give her time to mature and get used to being a functioning little human :-)

Quoting .Angelica.:

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joci2203

I ebf all 3 of my babies, they all had uncomfortable gas, but it went away eventually.

Quoting .Angelica.:

i do, it doesn't help

Quoting joci2203:

jessecutez
Maybe just gas that's normal she's getting used to her body working on its own
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

thanks.

Quoting larissalarie:

Fiber doesn't pass through to breastmilk, lol! The definition of fiber is that it's an UNDIGESTABLE carbohydrate. That's why it's good for cleaning YOU out.
Your baby is probably fine. Breastfed babies pretty much never get constipated, so in a few weeks when her system regulates and she doesn't poop for a few days, don't worry. Newborns have never had to do anything before, so they act like things are a lot of work. It's normal, it doesn't mean anything is wrong. Just give her time to mature and get used to being a functioning little human :-)

Quoting .Angelica.:

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)