Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby carrier???

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM
  • 11 Replies
Cant for the love of me remember what they are called but the ones that strap to you and you carry the baby in front of you either facing your or facing away. I was wondering if you use them and if your baby likes them also what age did you use them and were they hard on your back thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HarschMama
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I use a Snugli brand one & my son loves it so far I used it from when he was 2 weeks old...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM
I use an ergo, and no it's not hard on me. My daughter likes it. The snuggli (dangle legs style one) is not good for the baby's back though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elrbmommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM
I had an infanto (sp) baby backpack... I haven't used it since she was about 5 months because her chunky legs don't fit anymore lol. Id love to still use it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barnwell84
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM

We have a Snugli carrier.  We don't use it all the time.  She likes to be in the stroller so she can move around.

Rebekah8787
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:27 AM
At what age or weight is to big for one of them? I'm planing on going on hikes come spring time and strollers can't fit on those trails.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I used a baby bjorn with my ds.

joci2203
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I have heard the ergos are awesome.  I don't use a carrier with Audrey though, I like to just hold her when we are out and about.

Misery_Stitches
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Don't get one that has your baby have their legs dangling from the crotch. They are bad for their spine and hip development and are most often uncomfortable and bad for your own back.

Instead look into carriers such as ergo, beco, boba, manduca, or try others like woven wraps or mei tais... they all support spine and hip development by creating a seat for baby where knees should be higher than their bottoms (or at least level to each other) and spread the weight of the child across your back and hips so its a lot more comfy.

I wore my nearly 27lb toddler in our manduca to do a 6km off road trail run/walk and was comfy the entire time.

Avetay
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:06 PM
I want a beco butterfly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C8Baxter
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:06 PM
And don't carry your baby facing away from you. The ergo is fantastic. The back carry is awesome when baby is old enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)