Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a heartburn cure!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Ari
  • 6 Replies
My entire chest burns, my throat feels like something is stuck in it, I'm nauseated. I need a cure!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sofia0587
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Are you pregnant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slvrbtrfly
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Drink a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with something to cover the taste. If you do it daily it'll help prevent heartburn. Also baking soda mixed in a beverage will provide a more immediate relief. I would start with 1 tsp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:56 PM
No. Long story short, I haven't been able to eat in a week and my stomach acid came up. Now I've had heartburn for two straight days.

Quoting sofia0587:

Are you pregnant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manda-nicole010
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:29 PM

This was how I was during my pregnancy. I drank milk and ate tums like you wouldn't believe!

xRockaBrittanyx
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Oddly, when I was pregnant and had the MAJOR heartburn, I couldn't touch Tums. Or Rolaids. They made me vomit.Even the Walmart brand did.

I had to go to the dollar tree and buy their chalky ass antacids. They worked amazingly.

You're not pregnant, though, so I don't really know. Antacids, Milk.. I'm sure there's a lot more, but until I was pregnant I didn't really have any experience with heartburn.

lauratupper
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM

yep!

Quoting slvrbtrfly:

Drink a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with something to cover the taste. If you do it daily it'll help prevent heartburn. Also baking soda mixed in a beverage will provide a more immediate relief. I would start with 1 tsp.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)