Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

poops, need your help.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok ladies I have a poop issue. ok I dont but my DD does. She turned 1 yesterday, but for the past week shes had some sick issues. It was last tuesday morning she woke up and vomitted a few times, she ran a fever the day before that, and had a few runny stools. she had no fever, and the vomitting stopped, so I called the dr b/c the diareah was still going on, it was pretty much like water at 1st. I started her on the brat diet, and gave her pedialyte for a few days. I started giving her more table foods b/c the poor child was hungry. the past 2 or 3 days shes had some cream colored poop, and its not solid, but not really watery either. Now I have done some online searches and all of them say it could be with the liver. She was switched to whole milk around christmas and had some runny stools then, but they stopped. The Drs office said it sounded more like a virus to them when I called last week. I am just wondering if a weeks worth of runny poo's could still be her getting over whatever virus she had. I also heard that the rotovirus can cause poop like that and it sticks around a while. Just wondering if any of you ladies had this issue before and could help me out. I am calling her Dr in the morning and tryin to get her in.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
erikays
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM
I never have, I'm sorry :(

Here's a bump, maybe someone can help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:06 PM

It could still be the virus, getting everything out of her body still. My ds had a similar stomach bug a couple months ago. He had vomited for one day and then had the diarrhea after the vomiting stopped and it lasted about a week.

kirstina
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

If its still a problem I would call the doctor back in the morning.

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Bump!

kmqw229
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)